Rolled Tofu with Broth.
You can have Rolled Tofu with Broth using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rolled Tofu with Broth
- It’s 200 g of silken tofu (drain water).
- You need 3 cm of burdock root (cut into thin shreds).
- You need 3 cm of carrot (cut into thin shreds).
- It’s of Seasonings for burdock and carrot:.
- You need of * 2 tsp mirin, sake.
- It’s of * 1 tsp soy sauce, sugar.
- It’s 4 of ~5 small shrimps (cut into 1cm chunks, sprinkle salt and potato starch, stir and leave for 5 mins, wash well and squeeze the lemon).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt for the shrimps.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice for the shrimps.
- It’s 1 tbsp of potato starch for the shrimps.
- Prepare 5 of ~10 edamame (green soy beans) (removed from the pod).
- Prepare of (A) broth:.
- You need of * 500 ml water.
- It’s of * 4 g dried bonito flakes (put in a tea bag).
- You need of * 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce.
- You need of * 2 1/2 tbsp sugar.
- Prepare of *1 tbsp sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of potato starch (dissolved in 1 tbsp water).
Rolled Tofu with Broth instructions
- Put burdock and carrot and the seasonings for burdock and carrot in a pan, and saute over low heat until the liquid is almost gone for about 2~3 mins. Let them cool..
- Cut tofu in half crosswise, put burdock, carrot and shrimps on the one tofu. Put another tofu on top. Pierce edamame inside tofu from a cross section..
- Wrap the tofu in plastic wrap tightly, tie up the both ends. Prick holes in a whole of it with a skewer. Simmer (A) ingredients and wrapped tofu in broth for about 20~25 mins over low heat. Let it cool to room temperature..
- Pour 200 ml of ③ step's broth into another pan. Add dessolved mixture of potato starch and water, and stir well to thicken the broth with them..
- Just before eating, pour the ④ step's broth on the cutted in round slices tofu..