Sweet Potato Chakin.
You can cook Sweet Potato Chakin using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Chakin
- You need of Sweet potato (buy a middle-sized one and measure it after peeling).
- You need of Sugar, 1 Tbs per 100g of sweet potato.
- Prepare of Water, 1/2 Tbs per 100g of sweet potato.
- Prepare of Green tea powder (matcha), purple potato powder, pumpkin powder etc.. at your choice.
- You need of Some water to dissolve the powder.
- You need of Sweet chestnuts in syrup (kanro-ni, in Japanese).
Sweet Potato Chakin step by step
- Slice the sweet potato in 1.5cm-2cm thick. Peel the skin (remember to measure the peeled potato!), and boil in water for about 15 minutes+..
- Drain the water out. Add the sugar and the water (indicated in the ingredient list) and start heating. Mix well so that the dough won't get burnt. Stop heating when it gets sticky enough..
- Divide the dough in half and add the dissolved coloring powder into one half (purple sweet potato powder in the photo). Mix well..
- Scoop the dough of each color, place a piece of sweetened chestnut in the middle, and wrap in a slightly wet cotton clothe or a plastic wrap. Roll to make a ball and then shape it like a chestnut by twisting the top..