Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup). But you can bottle it, and that's exactly what we did. Introducing a Chicken Noodle Soup with nothing to hide. Then add the lime juice and season with salt to taste.
Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup. This is an easy, healthy, homemade soup that can be made from scratch. Prepared with a simple aromatic chicken broth that's infused with Asian spices, this soup is flavourful on its own. You can have Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup)
- You need 2 lbs of chicken thigh (boneless).
- It’s 2 L (8 cups) of water.
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 2 of lemon grass (the white part only), bruised.
- Prepare 1 inch of dried galangal.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Prepare 3 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- Prepare 7 of shallots.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- It’s 5 of candlenut.
- It’s of Accompaniments and Garnishes :.
- Prepare Glass of noodle, soaked in hot boiling water until soft then drained.
- You need of Shredded cabbage.
- You need of Cooked rice.
- Prepare of Homemade potato chips (optional).
- You need of Scallion stalk/chives, finely chopped.
- You need of Shrimp crackers, process in a food processor until they get powdery (optional).
- It’s of Fried shallots (optional).
- You need 6 of hard boiled eggs.
But, when generously ladled over noodles, topped with chunky, juicy, tender chicken pieces, slices of boiled. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. This is not your mom's chicken noodle soup. This is Indonesia's answer to ramen.
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) step by step
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning..
- Turn the heat off. Transfer everything from the frying pan to a slow cooker. Add chicken, water, chopped celery, salt, sugar and white pepper. Set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed..
- Take the chicken out and let them cool. Shred the meat..
- How to serve : Prepare bowls, add into each bowl some glass noodle, some shredded cabbage, some shredded chicken, 1 hard boil egg, garnish with some chopped scallion, fried shallots, potato chips and ground shrimp crackers. Pour in the soup. To make a more filling meal, it is common in Indonesia to serve Soto Ayam with a bowl of warm white rice. Sometimes I also add some fresh sliced tomatoes..
- I made sweet potato chips instead of potato chips. I sliced the sweet potatoes thinly using a 1 mm slicing blade in a food processor then soaked them in salt water for an hour then deep fried them. Do the same thing if you use potatoes..
And I have a thing for noodle soups. Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl. It is served with a boiled egg, fried shallots, celery leaves and herbs, and is hearty enough for a meal. Soto ayam is a chicken soup dish originated from Indonesia and is popular in Malaysia and Singapore. However, you have to take a paradigm shift to appreciate it.