Dendeng Balado (Indonesian Beef Jerky with Chilli). The Awesome Meat Snack With The Classic Flavor America Loves. Jack Link's Meat Snacks Have The Fuel You Need To Handle Whatever Comes Your Way. The ingredients are quite similar to sambal hot chili paste.
This dendeng would be very crispy with a hint of saltiness, and redolent with delicate heat. Slice remaining half of the onion, tomato and chop the ginger. On a frying pan, add some oil and saute the sliced onion, chopped garlic together with the grinded ingredients, gong until the texture is softened. You can have Dendeng Balado (Indonesian Beef Jerky with Chilli) using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dendeng Balado (Indonesian Beef Jerky with Chilli)
- Prepare of For the beef.
- It’s 500 gr of beef.
- It’s 6 pcs of garlic.
- You need 10 pcs of shallots.
- It’s 3-4 of star anise.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of nutmeg power.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tbs of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of salt.
- It’s Pinch of sugar.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 slices of galangal.
- Prepare 300 ml of water to boil.
- Prepare of For the Chilli Sauce.
- Prepare 100 gr of red chilli.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- You need 5 pcs of garlic.
- You need 8 pcs of shallots.
- It’s 3 of lemon leaves.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass.
- You need 1/2 cm of ginger.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare Pinch of sugar.
- It’s of Oil to saute.
- It’s 50 ml of water.
The dough should be easily rolled with your hand, but not too hard either Dendeng or Indonesian beef jerky is a specific food from West Sumatera. The main ingredient is sliced beef tenderloin with added seasonings and spices. There are actually four types of dendeng in West Sumatera, namely, dendeng balado, dendeng batokok, dendeng lambok, and dendeng baracik. Dendeng Balado (Indonesian Beef Jerky with Chilli) beef, garlic, shallots, star anise, nutmeg power, pepper, coriander powder, salt Dendeng is basically Indonesian beef jerky, typically made from thinly sliced meat cooked with a mixture of spices and sugar.
Dendeng Balado (Indonesian Beef Jerky with Chilli) step by step
- Slice the beef into thin slices, keep it aside. Then grind other ingredients mentioned above for the beef until it becomes a paste.
- Cook the beef along with the paste and water until the water is thickened / completely dried out, set it aside to cool down.
- Once the beef is cool, fry them for about 5-10 mins until the colour becomes dark brown.
- Smash all the ingredients to make the chilli sauce except the lemongrass & lemon leaves using mortar & pestle, if you wish to use grinded, do not grind them too long, it shouldn't be finely chopped.
- Saute the chilli paste with a little oil and cook it until the smell comes and all the texture becomes softened.
- Remove the sauce from the stove and pour it onto the beef that you have arranged on the plate.
- Serve it with steamed rice.
The most popular version of Indonesian dendeng is dendeng balado from Padang cuisine, which is super spicy as with typical Padang dishes. Dendeng age, on the other hand, originates from East Java and is mainly sweet. Dendeng Balado (Indonesian Beef Jerky with Chilli) beef, garlic, shallots, star anise, nutmeg power, pepper, coriander powder, salt Rendang is an Minangkabau spicy meat dish and Malay dish originating from West Sumatra, Indonesia. Rendang has spread across west sumatra to the cuisines of neighbouring Southeast Asian countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and the Philippine. Rendang is a piece of meat — most commonly beef (rendang daging) — that has been slow cooked and braised in a coconut milk and spice mixture.