Steamed Chicken Rice. Surprisingly, you can steam any cut of chicken you want in a rice cooker. Breasts, wings, thighs, even a whole chicken if your cooker is big enough! Steaming meat is a great way of cooking as it keeps the meat tender and moist, as opposed to baking or roasting meat in hot air, which can dry it out.
Rinse the rice in a fine strainer and add to the rice cooker. Reply Delete Roll one-tablespoon portions of the mixture into balls. Roll each ball over the rice to coat. You can have Steamed Chicken Rice using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Chicken Rice
- Prepare of For chicken marinade :.
- You need 250 grams of boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into cubes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- You need of For stir-frying chicken :.
- You need 2 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1/2 inch of ginger, minced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Indonesian sweet soy sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 200 ml of water.
- Prepare 5 of hard boiled eggs, peeled.
- Prepare of For stir-frying rice :.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of ginger, minced.
- You need 300 grams (1.5 cups) of rice, washed and drained.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen mix vegetables, thawed and drained.
- It’s 1.5 cup of chicken stock.
Chinese steamed chicken with ginger and green onion. I have made this steamed chicken recipe several times this summer. Steaming is a really popular cooking method in every Chinese kitchen. Steamed dishes are simple, quick and always tender in texture.
Steamed Chicken Rice instructions
- Marinade the chicken with the ingredients for chicken marinade for about 30 minutes to 1 hour..
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add garlic and ginger. Saute until fragrant. Add the rice in. Stir fry for a minute then add soy sauce and salt. Cook and stir it for another minute. Place the rice to a rice cooker pot. Pour the chicken stock and add the vegetables. Turn the rice cooker on..
- When the rice is finished cooking, let it rest in the cooker for 10 to 15 minutes. Once the rice has rested, use a wooden spatula to mix the rice up a bit..
- Heat oil in a pan to cook the chicken. Add the sugar and stir untill it caramelizes. Add minced garlic and ginger. Stir quickly to avoid burning. Toss in the marinated meat with all the liquid into the pan and cook until the meat is half cooked, then add eggs. Add the sweet soy sauce and salt. Pour the water and cook until the meat is tender and the liquid is half reduced for about 10-15 minutes..
- Prepare 5 heat resistant bowls to steam the rice. Take a bowl, place 2 halved eggs with yolk side down at the bottom of the bowl. Add a scoop of the chicken and one or two tablespoon of the liquid. Pour the cooked rice into the bowl until it is filled. Steam the rice for 30 minutes..
For poached version, please check white cut chicken. Steamed chicken with mushrooms 冬菇蒸鸡 is a home-cooked dish 家常菜 popular among the Cantonese. It is quick and easy to prepare steamed chicken, and the gravy is the most satisfying part of the dish. Children can finish eating a bowl of steamed rice just with the gravy. While the rice is cooking, carve the chicken for serving.