Tofu Omelette with Peanut Sauce. Combine the ground peanut, chili paste, sweet soy sauce, and hot water and mix well. Lightly beat eggs together with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan and brush with some oil (this will prevent the omelette from sticking).
Heat a little oil in the same frying pan over high heat. Stir fry a little bit then add the fish sauce and white pepper. Toss them around for a few second. You can cook Tofu Omelette with Peanut Sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu Omelette with Peanut Sauce
- Prepare 1 lbs (450 grams) of firm tofu, cubed.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare to taste of ground white pepper.
- It’s of For the Sauce :.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of Indonesian sweet soy sauce (kecap manis).
- You need 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (I used a garlic press).
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of sambal oelek (you can adjust to how spicy you like).
- Prepare of For the Stir Fry :.
- Prepare of Carrot, shredded or cut in julienne.
- It’s of Napa cabbage/green cabbage/iceberg lettuce.
- It’s to taste of fish sauce/soy sauce (for vegetarian).
- It’s to taste of ground white pepper.
Transfer it to the top of the tofu omelette. Garnish with chopped chives or green onion. Tofu Omelette with Peanut Sauce step by step. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce on a serving plate until well combined.
Tofu Omelette with Peanut Sauce step by step
- Marinate the tofu cubes in salt water for about 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce on a serving plate until well combined. Set aside..
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Drain the tofu (discard the salt water) then put them in the frying pan. Check the bottom of the tofu, when the bottom have turned light golden, turn them over to cook the other side..
- Whisk the eggs with 1/4 tsp salt and white pepper. Drizzle the eggs over the tofu. Tilt the pan to spread the egg mixture evenly. Let the bottom side of eggs firm up a little, then turn it over to cook the other side..
- Place the tofu omelette on top of the peanut sauce..
- Heat a little oil in the same frying pan over high heat. Add the vegetables. Stir fry a little bit then add the fish sauce and white pepper. Toss them around for a few second. Taste it. Transfer it to the top of the tofu omelette. Garnish with chopped chives or green onion. Serve it with cooked rice..
Drain the tofu (discard the salt water) then put them in. Whisk together the peanut butter (I like to melt it slightly in the microwave for just a few seconds to make this easier) with the ginger, lime juice or orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup and sweet chili sauce. Before you bake your tofu, give the sauce a quick taste. Scrambled tofu omelette with roasted peppers, onions & peanut sauce. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.