Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls. Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls Great as finger food at parties or having guests round. Goes well with sweet chilli sauce! Impressed the father inlaw 😉 Azi_Passion.
Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sweetcorn, onion, flour, coriander and chilli sauce. Knead to a dough, adding a little warm water if necessary. Heat enough oil for deep frying on medium heat. You can have Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls
- You need 115 grams of unsalted peanuts.
- Prepare 325 grams of canned sweetcorn (drained).
- You need 1 of onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 115 grams of plain flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of warm water (optional).
- Prepare 1 of groundnut oil (for deep frying).
Prepare some tapioca starch in a bowl for dusting. Tapioca starch is a key ingredients in making homemade bakso (Indonesian meatballs, chicken balls, or fish balls). Also a great substitute for cornstarch. This starch is mainly used in making hun kwe, also a key ingredient to make cendol.
Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls instructions
- Place the peanuts in a food processor and process briefly until coarsely ground. Alternatively, grind them in a mortar with a pestle..
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sweetcorn, onion, flour, coriander and chilli sauce. Season to taste with salt. Knead to a dough, adding a little warm water if necessary, to make the dough workable..
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy-based saucepan. Using your hands, form tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls, then drop the sweetcorn balls into the hot oil, in batches, and cook until golden and crisp..
- Remove the sweetcorn balls with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm while you cook the remaining batches. Serve immediately or leave to cool first..
In South East Asia, we are huge on corn so it is no surprise there are many different delicious versions of crunchy corn fritters from Indonesia, Thailand, India, etc. Using fresh corn kernels is vital for sweet, fresh and juicy corn fritters. They are really inexpensive and packed with tons of antioxidant benefits. Chicken soup is a soup made from chicken, simmered in water, usually with various other ingredients. The classic chicken soup consists of a clear chicken broth, often with pieces of chicken or vegetables; common additions are pasta, noodles, dumplings, or grains such as rice and barley.