Martabak Manis (Indonesian Sweet Pancake). Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Bake Up A Sweet Treat For Your Loved Ones. Well, just like American with their American Pancake pancake, the French with their Crepes, and the rest of the world with whatever. Indonesian has their own version of pancake, Martabak Manis (Sweet Pancake).
This is a very popular sweet treat in Indonesia. Every one loves Martabak Manis, a very thick "pancake" with the traditional filling are chocolate sprinkle, crush peanut, sesame seed, condense milk combine in one or cheese and condense milk. This recipe a little bit tricky because it should have a tiny hollow. You can cook Martabak Manis (Indonesian Sweet Pancake) using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Martabak Manis (Indonesian Sweet Pancake)
- Prepare 350 grams of all purpose flour.
- You need 75 grams of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 25 grams of full cream milk powder.
- Prepare 450 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla powder.
- Prepare 50 ml of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 packages of dry yeast.
- It’s 1 of Use whatever toppings you want for your filling.
In Jakarta and West Java, Indonesia, these sweet, thick pancakes are known as "martabak manis" ("sweet martabak"). Other Indonesians call the pancakes as "terang bulan" or "kue pinang bangka". Usually made by street vendors in the evening, martabak manis are pan-cooked in a very large amount of shortening. A […] Martabak Manis (Indonesian Sweet Pancake) is also called Martabak Bangka or Martabak Terang Bulan.
Martabak Manis (Indonesian Sweet Pancake) instructions
- Beat eggs, put in water.
- Combine all the dry ingridients, put into the egg mixture, mix until all the ingridients dissolved.
- Put in vanilla powder and vegetable oil; stir well, Rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a frying pan at low heat and greased with margarin.
- Pour the mixture into the frying pan (the amount of the mixture depends on your preference).
- You can cover the frying pan with aluminium foil if you want to.
- Cook until firm; when bubbles form, sprinkle some sugar, cover after sprinkling the sugar.
- When the surface has dried up, remove the pancake out of the frying pan.
- Serve: Spread butter on top of the pancake (spread a generous amount of butter).
- Add the toppings (filling), cut into half, and put on top of the other.
- Cut into smaller squares or cut as desire.
- Cut into half, put one half on top of the other, cut into smaller squares.
In Malaysia, it is known as Apam Balik. Manis means sweet since Indonesia also has a savory kind of Martabak called Martabak Telor or Martabak Telur (Deep Fried Beef Rolls). It is a very popular snack in Indonesia and normally sold by street vendor in the evening. Jangan mengunakan api besar atau teflon yang terlalu panas karena ketika kita. Indonesia's own version of pancake – Martabak Manis is a popular sweet treat filled with chocolates, nuts, shredded cheese, and condensed milk.