Omelette Ulek. Below is you exactly how to cook the most effective foods for your family members. Omelette Ulek "Ulek" is a term used by Indonesians to describe a pestle and mortar. This omelette is not just an ordinary omelette, as all the flavour that shines through comes truly from the blended spices on the floor of the pestle and mortar.
Require of as needed Salt and pepper. Beat the eggs with salt and pepper and mix in the grated coconut. Fry an omelet in the hot oil; cover the pan while baking. You can cook Omelette Ulek using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Omelette Ulek
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 each of Shallots.
- It’s 2 each of Large free-range eggs.
- You need 1 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Salt and pepper.
Bake the omelet on both sides until done. I use sambal ulek when I make this omelette at home. It is made by crushing fresh red chillies with a little salt, using a mortar and pestle. Stir in the chopped onions, the sambal, and the chives.
Omelette Ulek step by step
- Cut the tomatoes into slices, and separate the seed from the flesh.
- With a pestle and mortar, crush and mix the garlic, shallots and the seeds of the tomato. Continue mixing until the ingredients are blended into a wet, smooth paste..
- Cut the tomato slices into smaller dices..
- Remove the seeds of the chili, and cut the chili into small slices slantways.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and season with pinch of salt and pepper. Beat the eggs with a fork..
- Mix in the tomato and the green chili with the beaten eggs..
- Put a small frying pan on low heat, and then put in a large knob of butter. When the butter has melted and is bubbling, pour in the garlic, shallot, and tomato paste. Mix with a wooden spatula for a minute..
- Pour in the egg mix into the frying pan, and move the pan around to spread evenly..
- When the edges of the egg is cooked, ease it with a spatula gently towards the middle. When the egg is no longer sticking to the pan, flip one half to the other half..
- Let the egg cook for about a minute until it starts to turn golden..
- Remove the heat, and move the egg to a plate. Serve it hot..
Cook an omelet on both sides and roll it up. Signature Batavian mixed vegetables topped off with our special peanut sauce. Charcoal-grilled squid cooked in a mildly spicy shrimp chili paste.. Yellow rice, beef rendang, egg omelette, long beans cooked in shrimp chili paste, perkedel, pickles, sambal and kerupuk. Sambal is an Indonesian chili sauce or paste typically made from a mixture of a variety of chili peppers with secondary ingredients such as shrimp paste, garlic, ginger, shallot, scallion, palm sugar, and lime juice.