You can have "Christmas Crack" using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "Christmas Crack"
- It’s 1 of 10X15 cookie sheet.
- It’s of Aluminum foil.
- You need 1 of sleeve original saltines.
- You need 3/4 c of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of (i just site them, I don't measure) chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of (I site measure) butterscotch chips.
- Prepare 3 of candy canes (I used colored peppermint).
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
"Christmas Crack" step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease with butter. Cover cookie sheet with saltines..
- Bring brown sugar & butter to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring the whole time with a whisk..
- Pour over saltines, spread it as evely as possible, use spatula if needed. Place in oven & bake for 5 minutes..
- Shift any moved saltines. Let cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate & butterscotch chips over saltines. Let sit 5 minutes to melt. Take a spatula and spread evenly..
- Optional: crush candy canes and sprinkle over the mixture. Allow to cool (10-15min), then place tray into refrigerator to harden..
- Take out tray & "crack" the pieces to put into a container (I recommend keeping in fridge until you are going to serve it, up to you). Enjoy.