Martabak Keju (Indonesian Cheese Thick Pancake). Great recipe for Martabak Keju (Indonesian Cheese Thick Pancake). You can find the sellers in many places in my country, Indonesia! Some call it martabak manis, some call it terang bulan.
It is also known as Terang Bulan amongst the locals. Martabak Manis is a common street food that can be easily found in the streets of Indonesia. See great recipes for Martabak Keju (Indonesian Cheese Thick Pancake) too! You can have Martabak Keju (Indonesian Cheese Thick Pancake) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Martabak Keju (Indonesian Cheese Thick Pancake)
- Prepare 150 ml of AP flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 of big egg (or 2 small ones).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 100 ml of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oil (for the pan).
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar (for filling).
- You need 4 tbsp of condensed milk (for filling).
- It’s 60 gr of mild cheddar cheese (for filling).
- It’s 2 tsp of butter (for filling).
These thick sweet pancakes are known as Martabak, it was one of the most famous street food in Indonesia. They are usually lining up on the street at night to get this Martabak as a midnight snack. These thick yummy pancake characterized by its honeycomb textures and the sweet decadent stuff like chocolates, condensed milk, butter, cheese. Martabak Manis is an Indonesian favourite stuffed pancake that is distinct from Apam Balik and Ban Jian Kuih.
Martabak Keju (Indonesian Cheese Thick Pancake) instructions
- Combine all except the ingredients for filling. Mix well. Set aside for 15-20 minutes..
- Coat the cast iron with oil. (I wet a tissue paper with oil and coat the cast iron pan) Heat the pan. Use the lowest setting..
- Carefully pour the batter and swirl the pan a bit. When it's bubbly and half-cooked, pour 1 tsp sugar on it. Cover the pan (I used aluminum foil) and wait..
- When the pancake is done (the batter has dried and the color has changed), carefully remove it from the pan..
- Slather 1 tsp butter to the pancake. Drizzle about 2 tbsp condensed milk and 30 gr grated cheese..
- Cut according to your preference. Enjoy!.
The thick pillowy texture pancake is traditionally made with chocolate sprinkles, keju. This is a very popular sweet treat in Indonesia. Every one loves Martabak Manis, a very thick "pancake" with the traditional filling are chocolate sprinkle, crush peanut, sesame seed, condense milk combine in one or cheese and condense milk. This recipe a little bit tricky because it should have a tiny hollow. In a bowl, whisk together plain flour, baking powder and salt.