Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings). This Indonesian salad is true to its name, gado-gado, meaning "potpourri." Assorted vegetables, tofu, eggs, and shrimp chips are dressed in peanut sauce. This is a simplified version of the splendid Indonesian salad called gado gado, which along with satay is practically a national dish, often served with crunchy shrimp crackers. It uses shortcut ingredients in the sauce–peanut butter, curry paste–to speed things along.
Gado-gado is my favorite Indonesian salad. This Sundanese dish is a national favorite, and it consists of lightly boiled and blanched vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tofu and/or tempeh cubes, and lontong (steamed rice cakes) served with spicy peanut sauce. Gado gado literally means mixed mixed in Indonesian. You can cook Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings) using 25 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings)
- It’s of Lontong (Indonesian rice cake).
- You need 2 of medium potato, boiled, peeled, cut into small chunks.
- Prepare 1 of medium cucumber, cut into small chunks.
- You need 150 gr of bean sprouts, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained.
- It’s 200 gr of long beans, trimmed, cut into 1.5 inches pieces, boiled or baby spinach, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained.
- It’s 2 pieces of fried tofu, cut into small chunks.
- You need 2 pieces of fried soy bean cake, cut into small chunks.
- It’s 8 sheets of lettuce, cut.
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 tsp of coconut sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of tamarind juice, from 1 tsp wet tamarind mixed with 2 tbsp water.
- It’s 200 ml of instant coconut milk.
- You need 3 of kaffir lime leaves, cut away the bones.
- Prepare 200 gr of peanuts, fried, ground.
- You need of For the ground spices:.
- You need 8 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 of red peppers.
- Prepare 1 inch of cutchery.
- You need of For the complement:.
- You need 2 of tomatoes, divided by 8.
- It’s 2 of hard cooked large eggs, peeled, halved.
- Prepare of Emping (Indonesian chips).
- You need of Indonesian crispy crackers.
- You need of Chili sauce (made of 8 bird eyes chili peppers and 4 cloves garlic, boiled, drained, ground).
It is a well known dish originated from Indonesia, which has many versions to it. It is great served on its own as a light meal or as a side dish to accompany a meat dish. Gado gado recipe: tasty salad with spicy peanut dressing. Gado gado might be one of our favourite healthy lunch ideas -it's crunchy, colourful and packed full of flavour.
Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings) step by step
- Heat the vegetable oil. Sauté ground spices and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant. Add ground peanuts. Mix well..
- Add coconut milk, coconut sugar, and salt. Keep stirring constantly until boiling..
- Add tamarind juice. Mix well. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Arrange rice cake chunks, boiled potato, cucumber, bean sprouts, spinach, fried tofu, fried soy bean cake, and lettuce on a plate. Pour some sauce. Serve with the complement! 😋.
Gado gado is a popular Indonesian salad dish that's crunchy, colourful. Gado gado is a traditional Indonesian salad. It often contains potatoes and green beans and might also include hard boiled eggs. Gado gado literally translates as mix mix and it's a very versatile salad. Use what you have and don't be afraid to change things around.