Indonesian Corn Fritters. Bakwan Jagung – Corn Fritters Bakwan Jagung is Indonesian for corn fritters. This blogpost will give you a simple recipe for Indonesian corn fritters that you can make at home in no time. Many years ago I worked on an engineering project together with some companies in Indonesia to build trains for the city of Jakarta.
Indonesian Spiced Corn Fritters (Perkedel Jagung) My aunty Tje Ie in Kupang, Timor, loves to make these when she has visitors – a tradition I've carried over to my home in London. Juicy, chunky kernels of corn come together with fragrant spices and aromatics to form these delicious fritters. Bakwan Jagung or also known as Sate Jagung and Perkedel Jagung in other regions in Indonesia, is a tasty, crunchy and easy-to-cook fritter. You can cook Indonesian Corn Fritters using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Corn Fritters
- Prepare 400 grams of corn kernels.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 75 grams of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need to taste of ground white/black pepper.
- Prepare of Coriander leaves / green onion as needed, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Grind the following into paste :.
- You need 3 of shallots.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
Jagung is literally means corn in Indonesian, both fresh corn or canned are good to use as the main ingredient of this snack. Not only serve as snack, this Asian fritter also often serve as side dish. Crispy Indonesian corn fritters, known as Perkedel Jagung or Bakwan Jagung. It's the perfect summer snack that tastes delicious and can be made with fresh, frozen or canned corn kernels.
Indonesian Corn Fritters step by step
- Process the corn in a food processor until half smooth (still able to see some whole kernels, not totally pureed)..
- Transfer to a bowl then add the rest of ingredients. Mix well..
- In a wok or a deep frying pan over high heat, add frying oil to a depth of 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Heat to 350 degrees. Working in batches, scoop up corn mixture 1 tablespoon at a time, and add to hot oil, be careful not to crowd pan..
- Fry until golden brown, 1.5 to 2.5 minutes a side. Drain and place on paper towels..
Corn is must-have fresh produce in the summer months. It's sweet, juicy and is a staple ingredient for many recipes ranging from soup to salad to bread. But the dish most frequently requested by the kids is perkedel jagung (or bakwan jagung), spicy Indonesian corn fritters that are a ubiquitous and cheap snack found all around Indonesia's islands (at least when my ravenous twosome aren't in town cleaning out supplies). Bakwan Jagung is an Indonesian fried dish made with corn, Chinese celery, spring onions and shallots in a batter then fried to crispy perfection. Indonesian corn fritters are made from fresh corn, eggs, shallots, garlic, scallion, celery, all-purpose flour, rice flour, salt, ground white pepper, and ice cold water.
- Top 50 Foods Of Asia Essential Eating Asian Food Guide
- Solved Lab 9 Sets In The Java Collection Framework For
- The Food Timeline History Notesmeat
- List Of Americas Test Kitchen Episodes Wikipedia
- New Recipes Allrecipes
- Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page It Works
- Education Development Center
- Singapore Wikitravel
- Codalab Worksheets
- Best Restaurant Meal Kits To Make At Home Bbc Good Food