Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice. Great recipe for Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice. Rendang is an Indonesian spicy red meat dish originating from the Minangkabau people of Indonesia. It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighboring Southest Asian countries.
Cut beef into bite sized cubes. Blend boiled chili, shallot, garlic and candlenut, set aside. Now how to make desiccated coconut or koya, first toast the coconut in a frying pan till golden. You can cook Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice
- It’s of rendang :.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef no fat.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 400 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 of lemongrass.
- It’s 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 4 tbsp of desiccated coconut (koya kelapa).
- Prepare 2 cm of galangal.
- Prepare 8 of shallots.
- It’s 10-15 of red chilies.
- It’s 5 of candlenuts.
- It’s 5-6 of dry cloves and 4 dried cardamoms.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of palm sugar.
- Prepare To taste of beef stock powder.
- Prepare 2 packets of Indofood Rendang paste.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Yellow Rice:.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice.
- It’s 4 cups of mixed water and coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass.
- Prepare To taste of chicken stock powder.
Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice formula. Cut beef into bite sized cubes. Blend boiled chili, shallot, garlic and candlenut, set aside. Now how to make desiccated coconut or koya, first toast the coconut in a frying pan till golden brown and.
Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice instructions
- Cut beef into bite sized cubes.
- Boil chilies, shallots,garlics about 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Blend boiled chili, shallot, garlic and candlenut, set aside.
- Smash galangal and lemongrass.
- Now how to make desiccated coconut or koya, first toast the coconut in a frying pan till golden brown and then when it cold down blend it..
- When all are ready, pan fry beef untill golden brown and remove from the pan. Next step, Fry all ingredients untill fragrant and put in beef, stir and mix well, add coconut milk and some water,palm sugar, koya or desiccated coconut, and bring it to boil. Cover pan and turn into small fire, cook about 2,5 hours, during the process stir it somtime so that not sticky on the pan. add beef stock powder and taste it,, and Rendang is ready to serve.
- How to make yellow rice ? Use rice cooker is easier and faster, first wash 3 cups of rice, count water and coconut into 4 cups, smash lemongrass.
- Put rice in rice cooker add water and coconut, lemongrass, turmeric, bay leaves and chicken powder. Mix well. Turn on rice cooker and press cooking. 10 minut before it done, mix the rice again so that all colour and ingredients are mix well. Wait untill cooking process is done..
- When all have done, serve Rendang and Yellow rice,, and it is amazing, hope you enjoy to cook and love this food, :).
A fragrant rice dish that consists of steamed white rice, chicken curry or chicken stewed in soy sauce, beef or chicken rendang, sambal goreng, urap. This yellow rice or Indonesian calls 'Nasi Kuning' usually only serves for festive occasion and shaped into a cone with different sidedish. Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice instructions Easy Nasi Kuning (Yellow Rice) Recipe. Learn how to cook this indonesian rice dish cooked with coconut milk and turmeric. Indonesian yellow rice is usually eaten during special events, served with Rendang and Ayam masak merah.
- Indonesian Food 50 Of The Best Dishes You Should Eat
- 10 Musteats From Guoco Tower At Tanjong Pagar From Sbcd
- Top 50 Foods Of Asia Essential Eating Asian Food Guide
- Try These Top 20 Thai Curry Recipes Make Your Best Meal
- Shumai Recipe How To Make Cantonese Shumai In 3 Simple
- Hainanese Chicken Rice Southeast Asian Recipes Nyonya
- Malaysia Food Top 40 Dishes To Try Cnn Travel
- Top 50 Indonesian Food Dishes Recipes Buy Spices Here
- Dodol Wikipedia
- Indonesian Food 18 Dishes You Must Try In Indonesia