Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food). Dried beef rendang According to Minangkabau (hence the name Minang rendang) tradition, their authentic beef rendang should be dry. Beef rendang is carefully stirred, simmered and cooked for three to four hours until the coconut milk has totally evaporated and the meat has absorbed the flavor of the herbs and spices. Directions Put the coconut milk and water in a wok or large pan over medium to high flame and bring to a boil.
Cut the beef into small but thick slices square. Put the beef, spice paste and all other ingredients into a wok and bring slowly to the boil, stirring constantly to prevent the coconut milk from separating. This Indonesian beef curry recipe will show you how to make a Rendang curry (as it is known in Indonesia). You can cook Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food)
- It’s 1/4 kg of diced fresh beef.
- It’s 200 ml of coconuts milk.
- You need 10 cloves of onions.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cm of Ginger.
- It’s 1 cm of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 of Red chilli.
- You need 8 of Cayannes (Optional).
- It’s 1 of ts Coriander seeds.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need 3 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 of Lemongrass.
This beef Rendang recipe is not only very easy to make, but it does produce an absolutely delicious beef curry, as the beef is slow cooked in coconut milk. OK, so it is not quick to make, but it is worth the wait. Indonesian Rendang has been voted as the most flavorful and delicious food on the planet several times. It also comes in many variants.
Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food) instructions
- Put the onions, garlics, gingers, turmerics, red chilis, cayennes, coriander seeds, salt and sugar into the blender and process to a puree..
- Add the puree into the pan and stir it until it smells good. Then add the coconut milk in the pan with medium flame.
- Add the diced fresh beef into the pan.
- Add the bay leaves and lemon grass.
- Cook the beef until the beef well done for about 1 ½ hours then the coconut milk evaporates and rendang’s seasoning done..
Wet, dry, or changes in spices are some of the different kinds of Rendang. However you eat it, Rendang is absolutely delicious and very simple to make. Indonesian Beef Rendang, fragrant and complex layers of flavors. With tender texture, rich flavors and fragrant aroma. Beef Rendang Instead of searing the meat before cooking it in liquid, as is done with a Western-style braise, beef rendang reverses the process.