Daging Rendang. Rendang is a rich and tender coconut beef stew which is explosively flavorful and beef rendang is the most popular rendang. Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. Rendang, a spicy Malaysian meat dish, slowly stewed for hours in coconut milk and aromatic spices that has been carried on and perfected over hundreds of years.
Rendang sapi (beef rendang) is probably the most well known Padang dish, and surprisingly easy to make at home, since most of the time you just need to let it simmer away on a stove. The key to successful rendang is not to skimp on the herbs and spices, and be prepared for a long stewing process resulting in a flavorful and tender melt in your mouth pieces of beef. Rendang is an Indonesian spicy meat dish originating from the Minangkabau region in West Sumatra, Indonesia. You can cook Daging Rendang using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Daging Rendang
- It’s of Spice Paste.
- It’s 2 of shallots.
- Prepare 1/2 of Galangal.
- Prepare 3 of lemon grass (white bits only).
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 of ginger.
- You need 10 of chili peppers.
- It’s 1 pinch of coriander powder or fresh.
- Prepare of meat.
- Prepare 500 grams of beef.
- It’s of cooking ingredients.
- You need 1 of sunflower oil.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp of tamarind juice/paste.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- It’s 3 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut grated (seroendeng).
- It’s 3 of lime leaves.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of tamarind pulp or paste.
- You need 3 of cardamom pods.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of salt.
It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighbouring Southeast Asian countries. Rendang is a piece of meat — most commonly beef (rendang daging) — that has been slow cooked and braised in a coconut milk and spice mixture, well until the liquids evaporate and the meat turns. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the.
Daging Rendang step by step
- Chop the ingredients of the spice paste and puree it together (blender) or grind it manyally.
- In a large wok heat some oil and add the puree with the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves..
- Slice and dice the beef and add it to the wok to fry for a few minutes..
- Turn down the heat and add the coconutmilk, tamarind, lime leaves, coconut until the meat is almost cooked.
- When the meat is very tender, allow the remaining water to evaporate out so the meat is frying slowly in the coconut oil that has rendered out. Let the meat fry this way for another 10-15 minutes..
- Serve with rice and prepare to embrace the heat. Traditionally of course this is only one part of the Dutch-Indonesian rice table. Add it with some sate skewers, babi pangang and nasi goreng for example..
Photograph: Ning Ltd O ur Hari Raya (the Muslim festival of Eid) is celebrated with rendang served with lemang (glutinous rice and coconut milk grilled in cut bamboo). The generic term for the classic meat rendang is rendang daging, which is the specialty of Padang, the largest city in the province of West Sumatra. Galangal is a close cousin to ginger root but with lemony aromas. It is also prepared with turmeric root. Kaffir lime leaves are also an ingredient of this thick stew.