Beef Rendang: Delicious Malaysian Dish. Scrumptious Beef Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success W/ Kraft®, Today! Beef rendang is of Indonesian origin, a delicious concoction from the Minangkabau ethnic group of Indonesia. It's often served at ceremonial occasions and to honor guests.
Beef rendang is of Indonesian origin, a delicious concoction from the Minangkabau ethnic group of Indonesia. It's often served at ceremonial occasions and to honor guests. Great recipe for Beef Rendang: Delicious Malaysian Dish. You can cook Beef Rendang: Delicious Malaysian Dish using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Rendang: Delicious Malaysian Dish
- You need of Rendang:.
- It’s 500 grams of Beef cubes (for stew).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of each Sake and sugar.
- It’s 1 can of Coconut milk.
- You need 1 stalk of ★ Lemongrass.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★ Grated ginger.
- You need 3 clove of ★ Garlic.
- It’s 50 grams of ★ Cashew nuts.
- Prepare 2 of ★ Red Chili Pepper (seeded).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Curry powder.
- It’s of Nasi lemak:.
- You need 360 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 400 ml of Coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of For the topping:.
- It’s 1 of Batapī – Shelled skinless peanuts prepared in butter.
- It’s 1 of Chirimen jako or chirimen jako with sansho.
This dish is so delicious that when I lived in Malaysia, I was addicted to it. I recreated it easily using a pressure cooker. If you are using coconut cream, use half coconut cream and half water to adjust the consistency. Beef Rendang – tender, complex and absolutely delicious.
Beef Rendang: Delicious Malaysian Dish step by step
- Rinse the rice, drain and let it sit for more than 1 hour. Combine the rice, coconut milk and salt and cook as usual..
- Sprinkle the sake and sugar onto the beef and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the lemon grass into 5 mm small pieces. Slice the garlic thinly as well..
- In a food processor, combine the ★ ingredients and add the coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it has a pasty consistency..
- Put the oil in a pressure cooker, and cook the beef until golden brown. Add the ★ ingredients and the remaining coconut milk and add some water up to the lowest water level setting..
- Cook it in at high pressure for 30 minutes. Leave it to cool down naturally and remove the lid. Add the curry powder and simmer again to evaporate the liquid, stirring constantly. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper..
- Make the rice into a dome shape with a rice bowl, top the rice with chirimen jako or jako with sansho, serve the curry on the side, sprinkle some peanuts on top and it is done. It will look pretty if you sprinkle on some cilantro..
- If you are using a regular pot, simmer it for 1 or 2 hours if possible (make sure to add water from time to time if the liquid evaporates)..
Growing up in Malaysia with mothers, aunts and grandmas that cook, most of us have heard the many lamentations about the significant. The best part is, this Malaysian beef rendang dish can be made in advance, as the flavors only get better if you allow it to sit in the fridge for a couple days. Nasi Lemak is considered to be Malaysia's national dish and is one of the most popular dishes to eat in the country. The most common version of Nasi Lemak is rice cooked in coconut milk topped with spicy sambal/chili sauce, served with a boiled egg and wrapped in banana leaves. The sum of many delicious parts, Malaysian cuisine's influences include Chinese, Indian and Malay.