Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry. Mix in the peanut butter and coconut milk. Season with salt, lime juice and a touch of sugar (optionally) remembering that the sweet potato will add further sweetness. Put the cubed sweet potato into the sauce and cover the pot.
Put the cubed sweet potato into the sauce and cover the pot. Add sweet potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in coconut milk and peanut butter. You can have Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves diced.
- It’s 1 of thumb sized piece of ginger diced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rendang curry paste.
- You need 1 can of tinned tomatoes.
- You need 480 mls of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- It’s 1/2 of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Juice of half a lime.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet potato.
- You need 100 g of fresh spinach.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
Peel the onion, then cut in half and thinly slice. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut the flesh into dice. Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan step by step. Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later.).
Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry instructions
- Using a heavy pan, heat the oil and add the onion, frying until almost translucent..
- Add the garlic and ginger frying for a few minutes stirring regularly..
- Mix in the turmeric and rendang curry paste, frying again for a few minutes. Then stir in the canned tomatoes..
- Next add 480mls of water and allow the sauce to come to a simmer and keep on a low heat until the tomatoes start to fall apart..
- Next mix in the peanut butter and coconut milk. Season with salt and add the lime juice. Give it a good stir..
- Then add the cubed sweet potato and chickpeas and cover the pot. The potato will cook in around 15 minutes but the sauce tastes better the longer you leave it..
- Add the spinach a few minutes before you are ready to serve up giving it a good stir and ensuring its tender..
- You can serve on rice with fresh coriander and chopped peanuts.
Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cinnamon and turmeric. Sauté for a couple of mins. Add the creamy solid bit from the coconut milk.. Peel the potatoes and cut them in cubes. When the jackfruit is tender and the potatoes are soft, turn off the heat and take the lemongrass stalks out.