Indonesian Rendang Curry. Indonesian cuisine has always been influential in Thai cooking. One of the more popular Indonesian dishes in Thailand and throughout Asia is rendang chicken or beef curry. Rendang is considered a "dry" curry, which means the sauce is simmered down to a minimum.
This Indonesian beef curry recipe will show you how to make a Rendang curry (as it is known in Indonesia). This beef Rendang recipe is not only very easy to make, but it does produce an absolutely delicious beef curry, as the beef is slow cooked in coconut milk. OK, so it is not quick to make, but it is worth the wait. You can have Indonesian Rendang Curry using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Rendang Curry
- Prepare 500 g of beef meat.
- You need 65 ml of coconut oil or you may take instant coconut oil (1 small package of instant coconut oil).
- Prepare of 1 green leek union.
- You need of 10 pcs of keffir leaves.
- You need of 10 pcs of garlic.
- You need of 5 pcs of shallots.
- You need of 5 pcs of chili (you may add it as your reference).
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of Corriander.
- It’s of Ginger.
- It’s of Lemongrass.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Sugar.
You can also visualize the flavor of Thai green curry, Malaysian curry chicken, and Indonesian rendang. However, Japanese curry is an exception. It is not hot and spicy and has a tinge of sweet […] Indonesian food draws on influences from Indian and Chinese immigrants, merchants and passers-by. The popular Indonesian Rendang curry originates from the island of Sumatra.
Indonesian Rendang Curry instructions
- Put all herbs (lemongrass, pepper, ginger, garlic, shallots, corriander, cinnamon, sugar and vegetable oil) into food processor and punch it until its smooth.
- Cut the beef into cubed. Boil the cubed beef with keffir leaves, green leak union, garlic and shallots until tender. It tooks 3-4 hours till the beef tender, using medium high heat pan.
- Remain at least 2 cups of the broth inside the pan. Pour coconut oil and the herbs from food processor…
- Simmer it in low heat, stir occasionally until the water has reduce to gravy. Serve with hot rice.
Here, the local Minangkabau people prepare it with much love and care for important festive occasions such as weddings and traditional ceremonies. Chicken Rendang, or Rendang Ayam is a lip-smacking Indonesian dry curry that's loaded with tender chicken simmered with a spice paste and coconut milk until there's almost no sauce left. At this point, the remaining sauce is caramelize around the chicken along with roasted coconut to create an ultra-flavorful coating around each piece of chicken. Indonesian cuisine has always been influential in Thai cooking. One of the more popular Indonesians dishes in Thailand and throughout Asia is Rendang Chicken or Beef Curry.