Massaman Curry. Massaman curry is a unique Thai curry that is not fiercely hot. It is is a rich curry of Persian origin which has been wonderfully assimilated into the classic Thai cuisine in the Southern region of Thailand. Simply use spices you have on hand plus Thai red curry paste to achieve this flavorful, rich Massaman curry!
This Thai inspired Massaman Curry recipe includes onions, carrots, potatoes, and chicken simmered in massaman curry sauce and served over steamed rice. It's easy to make and easy to customize. Massaman curry chicken recipe from Hot Thai Kitchen. * When working with curry paste, each brand has a different level of saltiness, so it's difficult to determine an exact measurement of fish sauce. You can have Massaman Curry using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Massaman Curry
- It’s 200 grams of Chicken (thigh with skin on or breast) whichever you prefer.
- It’s 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 1/2 of Potatoes.
- It’s 50 grams of Massaman curry paste.
- It’s 240 ml of Coconut cream.
- It’s 1 of total of 240 ml Coconut cream 30 ml + water 210 ml.
- You need 2 tbsp of Roasted peanuts.
- Prepare 3 of grains Roasted cardamon seeds.
- Prepare 2 of leaves Roasted bay leaf.
- It’s 1 stick of Roasted cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆ Fish sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆ Palm sugar ※ Or light or dark brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆ Tamarind paste.
Massaman Curry, a mild and flavorful Thai curry with a perfect blend of sweet, spicy and creamy. Thai Massaman curry is quick and super easy to make. I love the flavor combination in this curry. I love the Massaman Curry from the Thai restaurants in this region and I had high hopes for this recipe.
Massaman Curry step by step
- Cut the chicken into cubes, rub in the finely chopped ginger, and let it sit for about 15 minutes..
- Boil the potatoes with the skin on until tender. Peel the skin, cut into cubes, and deep fry them..
- In a pan over low to medium heat, simmer 1/4 of the coconut cream and curry paste. Pour in the remaining coconut cream gradually until the oil starts to separate..
- Once the oil comes out, add the chicken, and swirl in the ☆ seasonings..
- Add the coconut milk (coconut cream+water), and simmer it for 10-15 minutes..
- Add the potatoes, roasted cardamom, bay leaves, and cinnamon stick. Once the curry starts to thicken, add the roasted peanuts and turn off the heat..
I should have stuck with my instinct – Massaman Curry isn't supposed be this thick! Lamb Shanks Massaman Curry – a wildy popular dish at upscale Thai restaurants, the lamb is Aussies are extremely fond of lamb shanks and Massaman Curry. So we never pass it up when we. Massaman curry hails from the south of Thailand and is different from other Thai curries—you can easily detect an Indian influence, notably in the spices such as cardamom, cloves, and nutmeg. Traditional Massaman curry is a Thai curry that's rich but relatively mild heat-wise.