Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food). According to Minangkabau (hence the name Minang rendang) tradition, their authentic beef rendang should be dry. Beef rendang is carefully stirred, simmered and cooked for three to four hours until the coconut milk has totally evaporated and the meat has absorbed the flavor of the herbs and spices. Put the coconut milk and water in a wok or large pan over medium to high flame and bring to a boil.
Rendang Sapi is one of the most popular dishes from Padang, West Sumatra. Padang is known by their delicious meals made from coconut milk. You can make it spicy or mild, depend how you like it. You can have Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food)
- Prepare 1/4 kg of diced fresh beef.
- It’s 200 ml of coconuts milk.
- You need 10 cloves of onions.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cm of Ginger.
- It’s 1 cm of turmeric.
- It’s 2 of Red chilli.
- You need 8 of Cayannes (Optional).
- It’s 1 of ts Coriander seeds.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Lemongrass.
I like it because the taste is really strong and aromatic. However, it takes a bit longer time to cook so that the beef will be soft and tender. But it is definately worth to try =^_^= Indonesian Stewed Beef (Rendang) This luscious Indonesian dish, from a recipe in James Oseland's book Cradle of Flavor (W. Indonesian Beef Rendang, fragrant and complex layers of flavors.
Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food) instructions
- Put the onions, garlics, gingers, turmerics, red chilis, cayennes, coriander seeds, salt and sugar into the blender and process to a puree..
- Add the puree into the pan and stir it until it smells good. Then add the coconut milk in the pan with medium flame.
- Add the diced fresh beef into the pan.
- Add the bay leaves and lemon grass.
- Cook the beef until the beef well done for about 1 ½ hours then the coconut milk evaporates and rendang’s seasoning done..
With tender texture, rich flavors and fragrant aroma. The delicious nasi goreng, also from Indonesia appears in second place, pad thai in fifth place and the soto ayam salad in sixth position to name a few. Rendang is originally a dish from the Minangkabau ethnic group but it is also made by the Malays in Malaysia. Apart from the obvious side-dishes like rice and sambals, I like to serve my rendang with a side of acar-acar (atjar-atjar in the old spelling in Indonesia): coursely-grated white cabbage, sliced carrots, sliced fresh red chilis (only a few), white vinegar, water, sugar, salt and a few peppercorns. Rendang is an Indonesian spicy meat dish originating from the Minangkabau region in West Sumatra, Indonesia.