Beef In Spicy Coconut Milk (Beef Rendang). How to Cook Beef Rendang (Coconut Milk Spicy Beef Stew) Beef rendang is an Indonesian spicy dish and no wonder the cooking is similar to our local dishes because Filipinos also have Indonesian ancestors. Put the coconut milk and water in a wok or large pan over medium to high flame and bring to a boil. Add the garlic, shallot, galangal, turmeric, chile, nutmeg, cardamom, coriander, cumin, ginger.
This AMAZING Beef Rendang recipe is rich, creamy, spicy and filled with so many great flavors. An authentic Malaysian beef curry, the beef is braised in creamy coconut milk and spices until fall apart tender and served on a bed of rice. Beef Rendang – the best and most authentic beef rendang recipe you will find online! You can cook Beef In Spicy Coconut Milk (Beef Rendang) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef In Spicy Coconut Milk (Beef Rendang)
- It’s 1 1/2 Liter of coconut milk (I use 500 gram instant kara).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric leaf, torn and knotted.
- Prepare 6 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 2 stalk of lemon grass, bruised.
- Prepare 1-2 of spicies asam gelugur (gracinia atnoviridis).
- You need 10 pieces of red chilies, finely sliced.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef, fat and sinew removed cut into 3 cm cubes.
- It’s of Spice (ground).
- Prepare of Spice (ground).
- You need 3 teaspoon of chopped galangel.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chopped turmeric.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger.
- It’s 250 gram of red chilies.
- Prepare 5 of shallots.
Spicy, rich and creamy Malaysian/Indonesian beef stew made with beef, spices and coconut milk. In a large bowl, combine the beef and spice paste. In a large Dutch oven, combine the beef mixture, coconut milk, brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
Beef In Spicy Coconut Milk (Beef Rendang) instructions
- Simmer coconut with turmeric leaf, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and asam gelugur, slice chilies and ground spicies until the milk thickeness and become oily..
- Reduce heat, add beef and cook until tender..
- Stir occasionally until the spices dry and turn brown..
- Serve with yellow rice or white rice, and some pickle.
Reduce heat to low, add the lemongrass knots, cinnamon stick and kaffir lime leaves. Stir gently until ingredients are combined. The Amazon title ("Munik Rendang Beef in Chili and Coconut Milk") might mislead you (vs. if it just said "Rendang Seasoning" like the actual packet). Obviously I didn't expect it to include the beef, but I mistakenly thought it would include a packet of coconut milk or powder. In this riff on Indonesian beef rendang, the meat is cooked in coconut milk until it breaks up into gloriously rich jammy solids and delicious fat.