Beef rendang. A tip on making Beef Rendang is to use a mortar and pestle to grind the spices, if you could find one. It takes longer to use mortar & pestle, but you can taste the difference when you use a food processor. Also, palm sugar is preferred to white sugar.
Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. Beef Rendang is a Malaysian curry and is considered by many to be the king of all curries! To say it's extravagantly delicious is an understatement. You can cook Beef rendang using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef rendang
- Prepare 2 of red onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves,peeled.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated ginger.
- It’s 6 of large red chili,3 de-seeded and roughly chopped,3 chopped.
- Prepare 3 of lemongrass stalk,white part only, roughly chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of light flavoured oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 2 kg of beef diced.
- It’s 400 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of soft brown sugar.
- It’s of Kafir lime.
- You need of Coriander. Leaves chopped.
- You need 1 of big red chili for garnish.
There are very few curries in this world with such amazingly complex flavours. Originally from Indonesia though now more well known as a Malaysia curry, the sauce is made with aromatic spices like cinnamon, cardamom and. Beef rendang is carefully stirred, simmered and cooked for three to four hours until the coconut milk has totally evaporated and the meat has absorbed the flavor of the herbs and spices. Dried rendang can be stored at room temperature for three to four weeks.
Beef rendang instructions
- Place the onion,garlic,ginger, chillies and lemon grass in a food processor and pulse to a paste.
- Heat the oil in large based pan over medium heat,add the paste and the cumin, coriander, turmeric powder cook and stirring for 2 min untll fragrant.
- Add the beef and cook over high heat for 4-5 mum until the beef sealed.
- Add the coconut milk 400 ml water, cinnamon stick,salt,sugar and bring to boil,reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for 2and 2 1/2 hours stirring occasionally until meat starts to break up n the liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish with kafir lime, chopped coriander n big red chili.
- Serve with steamed rice and green vegetable,,enjoy😋.
It can even last up to six months if frozen. Beef Rendang Instead of searing the meat before cooking it in liquid, as is done with a Western-style braise, beef rendang reverses the process. Slowly simmering beef chuck with Indonesian spice. Put the coconut milk and water in a wok or large pan over medium to high flame and bring to a boil. Add the garlic, shallot, galangal, turmeric, chile, nutmeg, cardamom, coriander, cumin, ginger.