Rendang beef and Hainam rice. From Hainan chicken rice to Singaporean curry laksa, Asam Chicken Rice serves up classic Southeast Asian dishes. Great recipe for Rendang beef and Hainam rice. The basic rules for instant spices, just use half from the manufacturer recommendation.
With its aromatic blend of spices, Prima Taste's Beef Rendang with Rice is guaranteed to tantalise your tastebuds. Accompanied with basmati rice, multi-grains, and tender beef chunks simmered in rice coconut curry gravy. Beef Rendang is one of our favourite curry recipes. You can have Rendang beef and Hainam rice using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rendang beef and Hainam rice
- Prepare 800 g of beef.
- You need 500 g of potato.
- Prepare 400 g of rice.
- You need of beef rendang paste.
- You need of coconut milk.
- It’s of hainam rice paste.
Fragrant and rich, Rendang is made using beef and coconut to give it a fantastic sweet, salty and umami flavour. Cut the beef into large pieces. Heat the olive oil in a heavy based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the coconut cream, stir to combine.
Rendang beef and Hainam rice step by step
- Prepare all ingredients. Beef cut in small pieces 2cm x 2cm x 0.5cm.
- Mix beef with coconut milk (1:2 ratio with water), mixed garlic, onion cut small and rendang paste. Cook for 2 hours. Make sure its not dry, spin every 5-10 minutes. Potato is optional, can be mixed directly or boiled first separately..
- Prepare Hainam rice, again same rules, use half of manufacturer recommendation, add 0.5 tbsp of salt. Cooked in rice cooker. From here everything is automatic..
Beef Rendang is a very aromatic caramelized beef curry. In Malaysia, you will find it during festive and ceremonial occasions such as wedding feasts and Hari Raya (Eid al-Fitr). Mom's Beef Rendang is delicious but she rarely prepares it because we seldom eat beef at home. For the rice, use a heavy-based saucepan with a lid. Heat the oil in the pan and add the mustard seeds.