Beef rendang. Rendang is a rich and tender coconut beef stew which is explosively flavorful and beef rendang is the most popular rendang. Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. Origins of Rendang A tip on making Beef Rendang is to use a mortar and pestle to grind the spices, if you could find one.
Otherwise, the recipe is quite authentic.. Beef Rendang is a Malaysian curry and is considered by many to be the king of all curries! To say it's extravagantly delicious is an understatement. You can have Beef rendang using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef rendang
- Prepare 2 of red onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves,peeled.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated ginger.
- You need 6 of large red chili,3 de-seeded and roughly chopped,3 chopped.
- It’s 3 of lemongrass stalk,white part only, roughly chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of light flavoured oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 kg of beef diced.
- You need 400 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of soft brown sugar.
- It’s of Kafir lime.
- You need of Coriander. Leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1 of big red chili for garnish.
There are very few curries in this world with such amazingly complex flavours. Originally from Indonesia though now more well known as a Malaysia curry, the sauce is made with aromatic spices like cinnamon, cardamom and. Rendang is a traditional Indonesian dish, but is also part of Malayasian cuisine, too. Rendang is meat (usually beef) that has been slowly cooked and braised in a spice paste mixture and coconut.
Beef rendang step by step
- Place the onion,garlic,ginger, chillies and lemon grass in a food processor and pulse to a paste.
- Heat the oil in large based pan over medium heat,add the paste and the cumin, coriander, turmeric powder cook and stirring for 2 min untll fragrant.
- Add the beef and cook over high heat for 4-5 mum until the beef sealed.
- Add the coconut milk 400 ml water, cinnamon stick,salt,sugar and bring to boil,reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for 2and 2 1/2 hours stirring occasionally until meat starts to break up n the liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish with kafir lime, chopped coriander n big red chili.
- Serve with steamed rice and green vegetable,,enjoy😋.
Beef rendang is carefully stirred, simmered and cooked for three to four hours until the coconut milk has totally evaporated and the meat has absorbed the flavor of the herbs and spices. Dried rendang can be stored at room temperature for three to four weeks. It can even last up to six months if frozen. Beef Rendang is a flavorful West Sumatran dry curry that's made with beef, that's cooked together with a spice paste and coconut milk until fork-tender. It's then fried together with the remaining braising liquid until the liquid caramelizes around the beef, coating it with an insane amount of flavor.