Massaman curry. Massaman curry (Thai: แกงมัสมั่น, RTGS: kaeng matsaman, pronounced [mát.sa.màn] (listen)) is a rich, relatively mild Thai curry. Cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, cumin, bay leaves, nutmeg and mace (spices that are not frequently used in Thai curries). Massaman curry is a unique Thai curry that is not fiercely hot.
It is ideal for people who want to try the authentic Asian flavor, yet do not wish to bear. Simply use spices you have on hand plus Thai red curry paste to achieve this flavorful, rich Massaman curry! This dish is loaded with peanut butter and coconut. You can cook Massaman curry using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Massaman curry
- Prepare 800 grams of chicken drumsticks.
- You need 2.5 tbsp of Massaman Curry paste.
- Prepare of Coconut milk.
- It’s of Fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Palm sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tamarind.
- It’s 3 of x onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of x potatoes chopped.
- It’s of Red pepper chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Roasted peanuts.
- You need of c.
This Thai inspired Massaman Curry recipe includes onions, carrots, potatoes, and chicken simmered in massaman curry sauce and served over steamed rice. It's easy to make and easy to customize. Massaman curry chicken recipe from Hot Thai Kitchen. * When working with curry paste, each brand has a different level of saltiness, so it's difficult to determine an exact measurement of fish sauce. Traditional Massaman curry is a Thai curry that's rich but relatively mild heat-wise.
Massaman curry step by step
- Meduim heat on saucepan. Add coconut and cury paste and add chicken.
- Add chopped potatoe and seasoning (sugar, tamarind, fish sauce) add red pepper, peanuts.
- Leave it to cook on low heat for about 50 min. Serve with rice.
It contains lots of spices -which can vary from curry to curry, plus meat, potatoes and coconut cream or milk. Massaman curry is a unique type of curry amongst the various Thai curries because it is more like an Indian curry using mainly dried spices for seasoning. Chicken is the most popular meat in this curry. Lamb Shanks Massaman Curry – a wildy popular dish at upscale Thai restaurants, the lamb is Aussies are extremely fond of lamb shanks and Massaman Curry. So we never pass it up when we.