Awesome Beef Rendang. A tip on making Beef Rendang is to use a mortar and pestle to grind the spices, if you could find one. It takes longer to use mortar & pestle, but you can taste the difference when you use a food processor. Also, palm sugar is preferred to white sugar.
Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia , Indonesia, and Singapore. Awesome Beef Rendang A gorgeous and easy Beef Rendang that still leaves a lovely heat in the back of your throat after each bite but the heat doesn't ever overpower the dish. This is now a regular dish made by me. You can cook Awesome Beef Rendang using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Awesome Beef Rendang
- You need 3 tsp of Oil.
- You need 7 Cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of small Onions, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 kg of Steak. I like using rump.
- It’s 3 of Large fresh red chillies.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- It’s 1 of Heaped tbsp turmeric.
- You need of Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- It’s 420 mls of Coconut Cream.
- You need 350 mls of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 2 of Kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 3 of Heaped tsp brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of Minced lemongrass paste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Lime juice.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper to season.
The beef rendang was delicious, with the juicy meat and the dominance of traditional recipe. Also, the taste is similar like on local traditional restaurant in Indonesia. Beef Rendang (Rendang Daging), image as featured by the Singapore Malay Heritage Center Where does Beef Rendang Come From? Beef Rendang is a Malaysian curry and is considered by many to be the king of all curries!
Awesome Beef Rendang step by step
- Trim the beef of any large bits of fat and then slice into 1/2 thick strips..
- Put the oil in a heavy-bottomed fry pan on a mid heat..
- Put in the onion, garlic, chillies, ginger, chilli powder and turmeric and cook it down for about 5 minutes.
- Put in a food processor (or if you don't have one, a large pestle and mortar – even a large heavy bowl at a stretch) and add 60ml of the coconut cream. Let it sit and cool before blitzing or mashing to a paste..
- Put the paste back into the hot fry pan and put the beef in it along with the remaining coconut cream and the rest of the ingredients. Stir it until all combined well..
- Simmer for around 50-60 minutes on a LOW heat, stirring every 10 minutes or so. DO NOT COVER AS YOU WANT THE LIQUID TO EVAPORATE ALMOST COMPLETELY. It should still be tender and juicy at the end but Rendang is not a wet curry. Keep an eye on it as it gets towards the end of cooking as the Sweetness in some of the ingredients will cause it to stick and burn quickly..
- When cooked, stir it around and then place over cooked rice and I like some Pak Choy with it. When dished, season with salt and pepper and squeeze over the lime juice.
- Enjoy!!! 😊.
To say it's extravagantly delicious is an understatement. There are very few curries in this world with such amazingly complex flavours. Originally from Indonesia though now more well known as a Malaysia curry, the sauce is made with aromatic spices like cinnamon, cardamom and. Stir frequently as the sauce thickens. Thus, Cheater Instant Pot Beef Rendang is born!