Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry. Mix in the peanut butter and coconut milk. Season with salt, lime juice and a touch of sugar (optionally) remembering that the sweet potato will add further sweetness. Put the cubed sweet potato into the sauce and cover the pot.
Put the cubed sweet potato into the sauce and cover the pot. Add sweet potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in coconut milk and peanut butter. You can cook Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves diced.
- It’s 1 of thumb sized piece of ginger diced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rendang curry paste.
- Prepare 1 can of tinned tomatoes.
- Prepare 480 mls of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- You need 1/2 of coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Juice of half a lime.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet potato.
- It’s 100 g of fresh spinach.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
Creamy Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Curry: Well, that story actually has nothing to do with this amazingly rich and creamy sweet potato curry recipe. I wish I could say this curry was waiting for us in the fridge after our date-night run, but that would be a lie. I made this the day after our date and we enjoyed it for an random, weekday lunch. Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan step by step.
Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry instructions
- Using a heavy pan, heat the oil and add the onion, frying until almost translucent..
- Add the garlic and ginger frying for a few minutes stirring regularly..
- Mix in the turmeric and rendang curry paste, frying again for a few minutes. Then stir in the canned tomatoes..
- Next add 480mls of water and allow the sauce to come to a simmer and keep on a low heat until the tomatoes start to fall apart..
- Next mix in the peanut butter and coconut milk. Season with salt and add the lime juice. Give it a good stir..
- Then add the cubed sweet potato and chickpeas and cover the pot. The potato will cook in around 15 minutes but the sauce tastes better the longer you leave it..
- Add the spinach a few minutes before you are ready to serve up giving it a good stir and ensuring its tender..
- You can serve on rice with fresh coriander and chopped peanuts.
Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later.). Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cinnamon and turmeric. Sauté for a couple of mins. Add the creamy solid bit from the coconut milk.. Add the sweet potato and let it pick up a bit of color before adding the spices.