Rendang Chicken Curry. Here I have just the perfect chicken rendang recipe for you. Rendang originated from Indonesia but they are very popular and well loved by many in Malaysia. Chicken rendang is slow cooked and stewed in the rendang sauce and my chicken rendang recipe yields flavorful and tender chicken, with complex structure of flavors, with the intense aroma of the exotic spices.
One of the more popular Indonesian dishes in Thailand and throughout Asia is rendang chicken or beef curry. Rendang is considered a "dry" curry, which means the sauce is simmered down to a minimum. Because it is so distilled, the sauce sticks to the meat, making this dish incredibly flavorful. You can cook Rendang Chicken Curry using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rendang Chicken Curry
- You need 2 tbsp of ready-made Rendang curry paste.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts cut into small cubes or strips.
- Prepare 400 ml of tin coconut milk.
- You need 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of Thai fish sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- You need 1 handful of green beans (trimmed, chopped half).
- It’s 1 of carrot (cut about 4-5 cm long).
- Prepare 1 of big red chilli.
As a bonus, its wide variety of spices makes it. Add the stock, coconut milk, squash, lime juice and tamari and bring to the boil. Once you have all the ingredients ready, cooking chicken rendang is quite straightforward. Transfer the rendang paste to the pan with some cooking oil.
Rendang Chicken Curry instructions
- Heat about 2 tbsp. of coconut milk in a wok over a high heat until coconut milk starts bubbling. Add the Rendang curry paste and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Put rice on to cook and add carrots to par boil for five mins..
- Add the chicken to the Rendang and coconut sauce cook for a few minutes, until chicken just about done then add carrot, green bean and stir well..
- Then add the sugar, fish sauce, red chilli and kaffir lime leaves. Simmer for 5-7 minutes..
- Taste and adjust the saltiness by adding more fish sauce if preferred. Add a few tbsp. of coconut milk and stir well..
- To serve, place the panang curry in a large bowl removing Kaffir line leaves. Pair with steamed jasmine rice..
Saute over low heat until it turns aromatic. It will take some time because we have added some water to blend the spices. Protein source such as beef and chicken are the typical for rendang curry. But as always, we should be free. My family makes fish and even cockles rendang curry 😉 Rendang curry, like any other traditional recipe, varies to each country and houses.