Chicken Rendang. Chicken rendang is slow cooked and stewed in the rendang sauce and my chicken rendang recipe yields flavorful and tender chicken, with complex structure of flavors, with the intense aroma of the exotic spices. I love making chicken rendang at home. While it takes some time to prep and make the dish, the end result is so rewarding.
Transfer the rendang paste to the pan with some cooking oil. Saute over low heat until it turns aromatic. It will take some time because we have added some water to blend the spices. You can have Chicken Rendang using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Rendang
- It’s 1 of whole chicken (cut into pieces).
- It’s of SPICE PASTE:.
- You need 12 of shallots.
- It’s 4 of garlics.
- You need 2 cm of ginger.
- It’s 2 cm of galangal.
- It’s 2 cm of turmeric (1 tsp turmeric powder).
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander seed.
- You need 5 of red chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of palm sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need of OTHER:.
- Prepare 4 of kaffir lime leaves (tear).
- It’s 2 of lemongrass (white part only).
- It’s 1 tbsp of tamarind (remove seed).
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk (250 ml).
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need of Cooking oil.
The chicken rendang would be succulent and tender. What to serve with chicken rendang. Serve this with Nasi Lemak, the popular Malaysian dish, white rice or noodles. Other dishes which would pair well with rendang are acar awak, fish in asam curry and teh tarik.
Chicken Rendang step by step
- Use food processor or blender to blend all the spice paste ingredients into a fine paste..
- Heat oil and fry the spice paste until fragrant..
- Add coconut milk and water. Mix well..
- Add kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and tamarind..
- Add chicken, adjust the heat down (simmer), keep stirring and cook the chicken until it is tender (min. 30 minutes). Ready to serve..
Rendang is a popular cuisine in many Southeast Asia countries. This traditional dish is usually served on special occasions. Chicken meat is cooked in mix ground paste of chilies, spices; along with coconut milk and toasted coconut (Kerisik). Other types of meat such as beef or mutton can be used for this recipe. Tips: Blend all rendang paste ingredients until fine, set aside.
- Recipe Are Perfects Free Daily Recipes
- Coconut Curry Recipes Allrecipes
- Chicken Tikka Masala Recipetin Eats
- Hainanese Chicken Rice Wikipedia
- Doner Kebab Recipe Baked Or Grilled Video How To Prep
- 29 Best Instant Pot Recipes 2020 Tested By Amy Jacky
- Beef Rendang Recipetin Eats
- 10 Yummy And Healthy Fathers Day Recipes Theasianparent
- Baked Or Grilled Or Skillet Thai Chicken Satay With
- Butter Prawn Buttery And Delicious Rasa Malaysia