Beef Massaman Curry – Kaeng Matsaman. You should try this Thai Massaman Beef Curry. It's like a delicious Thai-styled beef stew that's loaded with chunks of juicy beef and soft potatoes in a. Massaman curry (Thai: แกงมัสมั่น, RTGS: kaeng matsaman, pronounced [mát.sa.màn] (listen)) is a rich, relatively mild Thai curry.
Massaman curry is a unique curry from Thailand that is not so spicy. This article shows you how to prepare it with the ready-made Massaman curry Massaman curry is a unique Thai curry that is not fiercely hot. It is is a rich curry of Persian origin which has been wonderfully assimilated into the. You can have Beef Massaman Curry – Kaeng Matsaman using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Massaman Curry – Kaeng Matsaman
- It’s 300 grams of Beef (stewing meat, cut into cubes).
- It’s 500 grams of Potatoes.
- Prepare 100 grams of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 cloves Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of ☆ cardamon – 3 pods ☆ Cinnamon sticks – 2.
- You need 1 of ☆ cloves – 5 ☆ Bay leaves – 2.
- You need 50 grams of Massaman curry paste.
- Prepare 400 ml of Coconut milk.
- It’s 550 ml of Water.
- Prepare 66 ml of Peanuts (skinned).
- You need 3 tsp of Fish sauce.
- It’s 3 tsp of Sugar (coconut sugar if you have).
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
Using a slotted spoon, remove beef from cooking liquid and transfer to a plate. Pour cooking liquid into a bowl and reserve. Traditional Massaman curry is a Thai curry that's rich but relatively mild heat-wise. It contains lots of spices -which can vary from curry to curry, plus I absolutely love Massaman – the beef version, my Lamb Massaman Curry Recipe and I also make one with a whole chicken.
Beef Massaman Curry – Kaeng Matsaman instructions
- Cut the beef and onion into 2.5cm cubes. Peel the potatoes, and cut in half (cut into four, if they are large), and finely chop the garlic..
- Put the vegetable oil and ☆ spices in a pan, heat over low heat until tiny bubbles appear on the surface of the spices. The spices will be submerged in the oil if you tip the pan a little..
- Turn off the heat once to lower the temperature. Turn on the heat to low, sauté the garlic and onion from Step 1 a little, add the curry paste, and sauté until fragrant..
- Pour 250 ml of the thick part of the coconut milk into Step 3 in 3 batches, and mix. (When the red oil comes up to the surface, add the next batch.).
- Add the beef, and cook. When the beef turns brown, add the peanuts, and stir..
- When Step 5 comes to a boil, add the rest of the coconut milk and water, and simmer over low heat. When the beef becomes a little tender, add the potatoes from Step 1, and simmer..
- When everything is nice and tender, season with the fish sauce and sugar. Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice, and stir. Serve over cooked rice!.
- The "Chicken Massaman Curry", using chicken drumettes and chicken thigh instead of beef, is also very delicious..
I'll have to share it on here. Massaman curry is a popular Thai curry that is rich and creamy in flavor. This Beef Massaman Curry is made with beef, coconut milk, potatoes and peanuts. This beef Massaman curry recipe does take a bit of time to cook as you want to slowly cook the beef so they become tender, soft, and melt in your. Leena Spices Recipe of Beef Massaman Curry.