Beef Rendang. Rendang is a rich and tender coconut beef stew which is explosively flavorful and beef rendang is the most popular rendang. Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. Origins of Rendang A tip on making Beef Rendang is to use a mortar and pestle to grind the spices, if you could find one.
Otherwise, the recipe is quite authentic.. Beef Rendang is a Malaysian curry and is considered by many to be the king of all curries! To say it's extravagantly delicious is an understatement. You can have Beef Rendang using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Rendang
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of boneless beef, cut into cube.
- You need 5 tbs of cooking oil.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 3 of cloves.
- You need 3 of star anise.
- Prepare 3 of cardamom pod.
- Prepare leaves of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of lemon grass (cut into four and pounded).
- You need 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbs of tamarind plup,soak in warm water for the juice and discard the seed.
- You need 6 of kaffir lime leaves, very finely sliced.
- You need 6 tbs of kerisik (toasted coconut).
- You need 1 tbs of sugar/ palm sugar to taste.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Spice paste.
- You need 5 of shallots.
- Prepare 1 inch of galangal.
- Prepare 3 of lemon grass (white part only).
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 1/2 inch of raw turmeric (not powder).
- It’s 5 of candle nut.
- You need 10-12 of dried chilies, soak in warm water and seeded.
There are very few curries in this world with such amazingly complex flavours. Originally from Indonesia though now more well known as a Malaysia curry, the sauce is made with aromatic spices like cinnamon, cardamom and. Rendang is a traditional Indonesian dish, but is also part of Malayasian cuisine, too. Rendang is meat (usually beef) that has been slowly cooked and braised in a spice paste mixture and coconut.
Beef Rendang instructions
- Blend the spice paste all written above.dice the beef.
- Fry the paste until the water dry and oil come out from the paste.
- Put beef, kaffir leaves and turmeric leaves also coconut and all spices except kerisik/ toasted coconut. Kerisik is last to add.
Beef rendang is carefully stirred, simmered and cooked for three to four hours until the coconut milk has totally evaporated and the meat has absorbed the flavor of the herbs and spices. Dried rendang can be stored at room temperature for three to four weeks. It can even last up to six months if frozen. Beef Rendang is a flavorful West Sumatran dry curry that's made with beef, that's cooked together with a spice paste and coconut milk until fork-tender. It's then fried together with the remaining braising liquid until the liquid caramelizes around the beef, coating it with an insane amount of flavor.