Massaman Curry. Massaman curry (Thai: แกงมัสมั่น, RTGS: kaeng matsaman, pronounced [mát.sa.màn] (listen)) is a rich, relatively mild Thai curry. Cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, cumin, bay leaves, nutmeg and mace (spices that are not frequently used in Thai curries). Massaman curry is a unique Thai curry that is not fiercely hot.
It is ideal for people who want to try the authentic Asian flavor, yet do not wish to bear. Simply use spices you have on hand plus Thai red curry paste to achieve this flavorful, rich Massaman curry! This dish is loaded with peanut butter and coconut. You can have Massaman Curry using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Massaman Curry
- Prepare 200 grams of Chicken (thigh with skin on or breast) whichever you prefer.
- It’s 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 1/2 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 50 grams of Massaman curry paste.
- It’s 240 ml of Coconut cream.
- Prepare 1 of total of 240 ml Coconut cream 30 ml + water 210 ml.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Roasted peanuts.
- You need 3 of grains Roasted cardamon seeds.
- It’s 2 of leaves Roasted bay leaf.
- It’s 1 stick of Roasted cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆ Fish sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆ Palm sugar ※ Or light or dark brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆ Tamarind paste.
This Thai inspired Massaman Curry recipe includes onions, carrots, potatoes, and chicken simmered in massaman curry sauce and served over steamed rice. It's easy to make and easy to customize. Massaman curry chicken recipe from Hot Thai Kitchen. * When working with curry paste, each brand has a different level of saltiness, so it's difficult to determine an exact measurement of fish sauce. Traditional Massaman curry is a Thai curry that's rich but relatively mild heat-wise.
Massaman Curry step by step
- Cut the chicken into cubes, rub in the finely chopped ginger, and let it sit for about 15 minutes..
- Boil the potatoes with the skin on until tender. Peel the skin, cut into cubes, and deep fry them..
- In a pan over low to medium heat, simmer 1/4 of the coconut cream and curry paste. Pour in the remaining coconut cream gradually until the oil starts to separate..
- Once the oil comes out, add the chicken, and swirl in the ☆ seasonings..
- Add the coconut milk (coconut cream+water), and simmer it for 10-15 minutes..
- Add the potatoes, roasted cardamom, bay leaves, and cinnamon stick. Once the curry starts to thicken, add the roasted peanuts and turn off the heat..
It contains lots of spices -which can vary from curry to curry, plus meat, potatoes and coconut cream or milk. Massaman curry is a unique type of curry amongst the various Thai curries because it is more like an Indian curry using mainly dried spices for seasoning. Chicken is the most popular meat in this curry. Lamb Shanks Massaman Curry – a wildy popular dish at upscale Thai restaurants, the lamb is Aussies are extremely fond of lamb shanks and Massaman Curry. So we never pass it up when we.