Halloween Eyeball Calpico Jellies.
You can have Halloween Eyeball Calpico Jellies using 6 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Halloween Eyeball Calpico Jellies
- It’s 100 ml of Undiluted Calpico (Calpis) concentrate.
- Prepare 160 ml of Water.
- You need 2 grams of Kanten powder.
- You need 1 of Food coloring (black).
- It’s 1 of Food coloring (blue…or green or whatever color you like).
- Prepare 1 of Grape juice.
Halloween Eyeball Calpico Jellies instructions
- I used half-round silicone chocolate molds that I bought in a 100 yen shop (a Japanese dollar store)..
- If you don't have molds like this, use any half-round shaped containers you have, such as small sake cups..
- You also need two different sized small round objects that you can make cutouts with, such as these cake decorating tips..
- Combine the water, Calpico concentrate and powdered kanten in a small pan and turn on the heat..
- Heat through while mixing slowly until it's just about to boil. Turn the heat down to low, and simmer for 1 minute to dissolve the kanten..
- Take 40 ml of the jelly liquid out of the pan, and divide into two 20 ml portions..
- Put the remaining jelly liquid, pan and all, in a larger pot full of 175F/80C hot water to prevent it from solidifying..
- Prepare 2 small flat plates. Add black food coloring to one plate and blue (or another color) food coloring to the other one. Add 20 ml of the jelly liquid that you reserved to each plate, and mix rapidly..
- The critical time is when the jelly liquid is still hot! It firms up in no time, so work quickly..
- When the food coloring is dissolved, chill the plates, uncovered, in the refrigerator for about 3 minutes..
- Cut out the iris and pupil parts using the 2 different sized cutouts. Use the small one for the black jelly and the larger one for the colored jelly..
- Once all the irises and pupils are cut out, take the small pan with the white jelly liquid out of the hot water bath..
- Put the black circles in the bottom of the molds, and press down lightly with your finger..
- Add the colored circles on top, and press lightly in the same way to secure the two circles together..
- Add just a little bit of the white jelly liquid to each mold with a spoon, and leave for 3 minutes..
- After 3 minutes add the rest of the white Calpico jelly liquid. Chill and firm up the jellies in the refrigerator, and they're done!.
- Pour some grape juice into small tasting glasses, and float an eyeball on top of each one..
- You can also float them in a fruit punch bowl for a party, or pack them in a jar to give as a gift…they'll be even more creepy that way..
- Despite the way they look, they just taste like Calpico jellies – no need to worry..