Sambal goreng kentang /fried potato (mince beef) in chilly sauce – Indonesian *Can be made Vegan. See recipes for Sambal goreng kentang /fried potato (mince beef) in chilly sauce – Indonesian *Can be made Vegan too. Using my homemade sambal goreng (fried chili paste), I can prepare this lovely and delicious sambal goreng kentang, roast potatoes in spicy chili sauce, with nothing but salt, pepper, olive oil, and sambal goreng. Once you give these spicy roast potatoes a try, I am sure you will want to make this all the time.
Both always brings back memories of my mom, because she always have to have. Sambal goreng (fried chili paste) is a basic multi-purpose chili paste that can be the base of many delicious Indonesian spicy dishes, plus it can be enjoyed as is. This chili sauce is especially great with fried food, such as ayam goreng/fried chicken, bakwan/fritters, bakso goreng/fried meatballs, tahu goreng/fried tofu or perkedel/potato fritters. You can cook Sambal goreng kentang /fried potato (mince beef) in chilly sauce – Indonesian *Can be made Vegan using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sambal goreng kentang /fried potato (mince beef) in chilly sauce – Indonesian *Can be made Vegan
- You need 6-8 of new potato (or what you have in hands).
- Prepare 2 of burger beef, cut small or about 200 gr mince (optional).
- Prepare of For sambal:.
- Prepare 8 of red chilies (deseeded if you dont like spicy) – cut small.
- Prepare 8 of Thai chilies (optional).
- It’s 4 of shallots – cut small.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of tomato or 6 cherries tomatoes (add as desire if you like).
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of brown sugar (or granulated).
- Prepare 1 tsp of himalayan salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper (more if you like me).
- Prepare 1 tsp of chicken/mushroom knorr (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice (optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
One of his favorite with burger cut. This time, I used mince beef, because that what we have in our fridge. If you don't like spicy, de-seed the chili and add more tomatoes.. Spicy Fried Potatoes (Sambal Goreng Kentang) is an Indonesian dish just that versatile.
Sambal goreng kentang /fried potato (mince beef) in chilly sauce – Indonesian *Can be made Vegan instructions
- What you need to prepare.
- For potato – clean, cut and fry them – let it cool and put in fridge overnight.
- If you are using mince beef, seasoned with pepper and salt, mixed well. You can make a little ball or leave it as is.
- Skip this for Vegan – Prepare wok, without any oil, stir fry the beef till its cooked – set aside and leave the oil to use in our sambal. (if you use burger, cut them little and fry them) – feel free to put them in the oven too if you like..
- Sambal: in a blender, put the chilli, shallots, garlic and tomatoes. blends till smooth.
- In wok that we previously used, add oil, wait till hot and put the blends mix of sambal. add the salt, brown sugar and knorr..
- Cook this in medium to low, stirring it occasionally. I usually put my timer in 15 minutes. to stirred (as it will stick otherwise). continue till sambal loose all the water, change its colour and thicken. This will take about an hour. You will see the oil will start to separate. If you dont want to use all the sambal, this is when you separate and put in jar..
- Take the cooked potato from the fridge, mixed this into sambal, stirred well, add the mince beef. stirred again, make sure all is coated. sprinkle some lemon juice. and its ready..
- This can be put in fridge up to maybe 3 days..
The potatoes are just a little bit crunchy, and are thoroughly coated with a spicy, sweet and tangy sambal sauce. These Spicy Fried Potatoes are the Indonesian version of home fries. A Healthier Version Of Indonesian Spicy Potatoes, Shrimps, and Red Beans in Herbs and Spices / Sambal Goreng Kentang. This dish can be enjoyed by itself or as the basis of a larger meal, for example with a rijsttafel. The most famous sambal goreng dish is probably sambal goreng hati, but I am not a big fan of liver or any other kind of entrails for that matter, so the next best thing (which to me is a huge step better :D) is to make sambal goreng daging with beef cubes.