Christmas Bon Bons.
You can cook Christmas Bon Bons using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Christmas Bon Bons
- It’s 1 cup of butter softened.
- You need 2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- You need 1 jar of marashino cherries.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of butter melted.
- It’s 1 of egg white.
- It’s of I tsp vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of Food coloring (if desired).
Christmas Bon Bons instructions
- This is a two part recipe. The first six ingredients are for the cookies themselves. The remaining four make the holiday cookie sauce (frosting) that goes on the top..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat softened butter in a mixing bowl until it is light and fluffy..
- Slowly add vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar until blended well..
- Slowly add flour until blended well..
- Use 1 heaping tbsp of this dough to wrap around a cherry and form into a ball. Place on an ungreased baking sheet..
- Repeat step six until all of the cherries are used. Bake at 350° approximately 12-15 minutes..
- Pull from oven and allow to cool. As the cookies are cooling down, you can make the holiday cookie sauce..
- In a small bowl, mix butter, vanilla, and egg white until well blended..
- Slowly add powdered sugar and blend well..
- Add food coloring if desired. (I usually make two batches of holiday cookie sauce in order to use multiple colors. But plain white looks nice too).
- Once the cookies are cooled down, dip the tops of the cookies into the sauce..
- Allow frosting to dry. Then transport the cookies to a covered container..