Easy beef Massaman curry. Traditional Massaman curry is a Thai curry that's rich but relatively mild heat-wise. It contains lots of spices -which can vary from curry to curry, plus meat, potatoes and coconut cream or milk. I absolutely love Massaman – the beef version, my Lamb Massaman Curry Recipe and I also make one with a.
But this is easy beef massaman curry. Never said it was authentic from scratch beef massaman curry. A rich fragrant Thai coconut curry with tender fall apart beef, it takes a few hours to make and is totally worth it! You can cook Easy beef Massaman curry using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy beef Massaman curry
- Prepare 500 g of diced beef.
- Prepare 800 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2.5 of red curry paste.
- It’s 1 Tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 Tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1/8 Tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of ground clove.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 4-6 of cardamom pod (crushed).
- Prepare 3-4 of Star Anise.
- Prepare 2-3 Tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Tamarind paste or 1 Tbsp vinegar (if you don’t have Tamarind paste).
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of peanuts or crunchy peanut butter.
- You need 4-5 of cherry Tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of potatoes peel and cut to pieces.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
Massaman Curry is a bit of an outlier in Thai cuisine. It was born from Indian and Malay influences and as a result, the main flavours comes from. This CRAZY delicious slow cooker beef massaman curry is very easy to make & needs NO Love beef massaman curry? Originating in Thailand, this incredible recipe is CRAZY delicious Back to the beef massaman curry though.
Easy beef Massaman curry step by step
- Simmer diced beef and 400 ml coconut milk for 1.30- 2 hours. Leave it aside..
- Add ground cumin, ground coriander, ground nutmeg, ground white pepper, ground clove, 3/4 Tsp ground cinnamon and 4 crushed cardamom pod into small bowl. They will be added to red curry paste to make Massaman curry paste..
- After 2 hours, start the curry. In the big sauce pan, add vegetable oil and heat it up with medium high heat. Then add red curry paste and pre mixed dried spices. Cook them until fragrant. If you use Massaman curry paste, you don’t need to add pre mixed dried spices..
- Reduce the heat to medium and add 300 ml of coconut milk. Cook until you see the oil split (around 5- 10 minutes)..
- Add peanuts, star anise, 2 cardamon, and 1/4 Tsp ground cinnamon. Reduce heat to low, cover pan with lid for 5 minutes..
- Add potatoes, onions, tomatoes, 100 ml coconut milk. Mix them and leave for 5 minutes with the lid on..
- Add the cooked beef, around 100 ml of cooked beef coconut milk and the rest of coconut milk. Add fish sauce, sugar, salt and tamarind paste. Leave it simmer for 10 minutes..
- Taste it and add more sugar, salt or tamarind paste up to your taste (if needed). With low heat, leave it for half an hour..
- Now it’s ready to be served..
This really is a great recipe to get you into Thai flavours. Massaman curry can be made with chicken, beef, or lamb, and it's an elegant dish to serve for weeknight meals or dinner parties alike. When making the curry paste, you can also replace the whole spices with ground ones to make life easier for yourself. I use a spice blender to grind my. Learn how to make this AMAZING slow cooker beef massaman curry!