Turmeric Grilled Chicken. Combine chicken and rest of ingredients in a large bowl. Place chicken pieces on the grill or on the rack under the broiler. Cover the grill or close the door to the broiler.
This recipe involves, quite simply, bathing the meat with a simple marinate of turmeric, coriander, garlic and oil, grilling and mixing together the dipping sauce! Pour marinade over top of chicken until completely coated and seal. Marinate chicken in the fridge for at least an hour, but best overnight. You can cook Turmeric Grilled Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turmeric Grilled Chicken
- Prepare 1/2 small of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Shallot.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger.
- It’s 1 stick of Lemon grass.
- It’s of Grounded spice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of galangal.
- It’s 100 ml of Water.
- Prepare 5 of pieces lemon leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 100 ml of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of Salt, sugar and black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- It’s 8 slice of Chicken thigh.
Pre-heat grill on medium-high heat, making sure to lightly spray with oil to avoid sticking. This Thai chicken is spectacular and possibly one of the easiest real South East Asian marinades. Hailing from the south of Thailand, it's ridiculously simple, made with garlic, fish sauce, oyster sauce, cilantro/coriander, turmeric powder and brown sugar. There are two very popular types of Thai chicken.
Turmeric Grilled Chicken step by step
- Stir the grounded spice, galangal and water for 4-5 minutes..
- Add the rest ingredients except the chicken. Stir continuously and taste it. Squeeze a little bit lemon or lime to have a nice yellow color..
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes. In the mean time preheat the oven 180°F Celsius..
- Take out the chicken, put it on the baking tray with some sauce. Bake it 20 minutes at 180°F and 10 minutes at 150°F (turn the chicken every 10 minutes). You can also grill the chicken and put some sauce on it..
- Thicken the rest sauce. Put it on medium heat for 5-10 minutes..
For a simple summer meal, I typically serve this grilled chicken on a bed of organic baby spinach along with a side of cauliflower rice or quinoa. The grilled ginger turmeric chicken is also delicious when served with a creamy cilantro lime sauce or guacamole. Remove chicken from marinade; discard any marinade remaining in bag. Place chicken on a well-greased grill rack. Serve chicken with rice and lime wedges.