Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake. Sweet cakes and breads studded with candied fruits and nuts are hallmarks of Christmas baking in The first and most famous variety of stollen is the Dresdner Christstollen. Some historians date its origin Our German Christmas Stollen Recipe. I'm sharing with you my recipe for Stollen which is.
Like other Christmas fruit bread recipes, stollen is best when made weeks in advance. Storing the baked loaf for two to three weeks mellows and. Christmas is just around the corner. You can cook Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake
- Prepare 500 gr of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 150 gr of butter.
- It’s 100 g of sugar.
- You need 150 ml of milk.
- You need 7 gr of / 1 pack dry yeast.
- You need 120 gr of raisin (soaked in rum).
- You need 50 gr of zitronat / dried lemon.
- Prepare 50 gr of orangeat / dried orange.
- You need 100 gr of chopped almond.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of clove powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cardamon powder.
- You need of Garnish:.
- It’s 50 gr of melted butter.
- You need of Powder sugar.
Something that has been in the traditions of Germans from generation to generation – the Dresdner Christstollen. Der „Christstollen" ist ein Kuchen aus einem schweren Hefeteig, der aus Butter, Milch, Mehl, Gewürzen, Trockenfrüchten und Mandeln besteht. Nach der. criststollen, typical german christmas cake with raisins and fruits, next to a cup of coffee, cinnamon stars and baubles on. German Christmas cake, called criststollen with raisins and fruit, decoration from star cookies, red candles and balls on rustic.
Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake step by step
- Warm the milk for 1 minute and add 1 tsp sugar. Add the dry yeast into the warm milk to activate it. Keep it aside..
- In a bowl, add flour, butter, egg, sugar. Mix it with low speed kitchen machine..
- Slowly add the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Let it knead for 10 – 15 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic..
- Let the dough ferment/rest for 1 hour in a bowl and cover it with dry towel/ folio.
- After one hour, add the dried fruits and nuts into the dough. Mix it well..
- Place the dough on top of table. Sprinkle some flour..
- Roll it flat around 3 cm. Fold the dough from one end to the middle and fold the other side on top of the fold..
- Place it on baking paper. Let it proof for another 45 minutes..
- Bake the fruit cake in 180 C oven for 45 minutes..
- Remove it out of oven. Cool it down for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter. Brush the butter on top of the cake..
- Sprinkle enough sugar powder..
- Cool it down. Slice it into two and pack it with aluminium folio and keep it for one week..
- The cake will be compact and tasty..
Christmas cake, in germany christstollen with. A German sweet bread filled with dried fruit and nuts. Typically a yeast bread, but here · German Stollen should be made ahead of time and allowed to age three weeks. Christstollen is a rich yeast dough full of raisins, nuts, and candied fruit. Stollen is the traditional German Christmas bread like cake packed with mixed candied fruits, almonds, and spices.