Indonesian coconut beef. This Indonesian beef curry recipe will show you how to make a Rendang curry (as it is known in Indonesia). This beef Rendang recipe is not only very easy to make, but it does produce an absolutely delicious beef curry, as the beef is slow cooked in coconut milk. OK, so it is not quick to make, but it is worth the wait.
To prepare curry, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Repeat process with the remaining beef. You can cook Indonesian coconut beef using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian coconut beef
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Boneless sirloin steak trimmed.
- You need 3 tbsp of Corn oil.
- Prepare 1 large of Spanish onion sliced.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chili seasoning.
- You need 2/3 cup of Shredded unsweetened coconut.
- You need 2 tsp of Light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Beef stock.
- You need 1 of Thin slivers red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped green chilies.
- You need 1 small of slices onion.
Beef Rendang (Indonesian coconut milk based thick beef curry). Beef Rendang (Indonesian coconut milk-based thick beef curry). Looking for an easier but authentic Rendang beef curry with the same flavors but using only half the ingredients? Then you need to try the Indonesian Rendang curry.
Indonesian coconut beef instructions
- Cut steak in 1/2 inch thick strips..
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add Spanish onion slices and garlic and fry gently until soft. Add beef and fry, stirring, until brown..
- Add the spices to the beef and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add coconut, brown sugar, lemon juice, and beef stock; stir well..
- Simmer gently uncovered 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mixture is thickened and dry. Stir mixture more frequently towards the end of cooking time to prevent sticking..
- Garnish with slivers of bell pepper green chilies and small slices of onion..
- If you prefer a more moist mixture, cook 20 to 25 minutes instead of 30 to 35 minutes..
Directions Put the coconut milk and water in a wok or large pan over medium to high flame and bring to a boil. Add the garlic, shallot, galangal, turmeric, chile, nutmeg, cardamom, coriander,. Instead of searing the meat before cooking it in liquid, as is done with a Western-style braise, beef rendang reverses the process. Slowly simmering beef chuck with Indonesian spice paste, coconut. Stir frequently as the sauce thickens.