OLD FASHIONED SUN TEA WITH DEBBIE'S STRAWBERRY SYRUP. Strawberry Lemonade Sun Tea Recipe – WonkyWonderful. Peach and Raspberry Sun Tea is not your ordinary tea. It's deliciously refreshing with a light sweetness from cilantro simple syrup.
As a child, I remember the big gallon sized jars sitting out in the sun with tea bags in it. Strawberry Lemonade Sun Tea Recipe – This is the perfect summertime beverage. Fresh brewed tea with added flavors from a simple syrup always makes for a great drink to serve up when the sun is shining. You can cook OLD FASHIONED SUN TEA WITH DEBBIE'S STRAWBERRY SYRUP using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of OLD FASHIONED SUN TEA WITH DEBBIE'S STRAWBERRY SYRUP
- Prepare 1 of STRAWBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP….
- Prepare 3 cup of sliced strawberries.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of a fine mesh strainer.
- You need 2 medium of sauce pans.
- It’s 1 of GREEN ICED TEA….
- You need 2 of green tea bags or black tea if you prefer.
- You need 6 cup of cold water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of homemade strawberry syrup.
- It’s 1 of ice.
- You need 1 of glass jar large enough to hold 6 cups of water with a lid.
Cool that summertime heat with some good Old Fashioned Sun Tea with lemon from. How to make our Old Fashioned recipe at home. Plus, lots of extra twists for how to make it best and have some fun. Learn how to make a colorful and refreshing Butterfly Pea with Brewed Tea and Strawberry Syrup drink using Bubble Tea Supply's new Butterfly Pea Flavor.
OLD FASHIONED SUN TEA WITH DEBBIE'S STRAWBERRY SYRUP step by step
- DEBBIE'S STRAWBERRY SYRUP….
- place strawberries and water in one sauce pan, bring to a boil.
- reduce heat to medium and simmer 20 minutes, skimming any foam that rises to the top.
- strawberries will have lost most of their colour and water will be a deep pink/red, remove from heat.
- place strainer over second sauce pan, pour strawberries into strainer allowing liquid to drain clear into sauce pan.
- don't press or mash berries into the strainer…this will cloud the syrup.
- place liquid over heat, add sugar and bring to a full rolling boil, boil 3 – 4 minutes stirring frequently to dissolve sugar completely.
- reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes more, skim off all foam to keep syrup from clouding.
- allow to cool pour into glass container and refrigerate.
- GREEN ICED TEA….
- place 6 cups of water in jar, add tea bags put lid on and set out in the sun.
- allow tea to steep in the sun several hours.
- when tea is steeped, remove tea bags, stir in 1/4 cup strawberry syrup serve over ice.
Sun tea conjures up the charming memories of my grandmother's tea pitcher on my grandparent's screened-in porch. And then iced tea seemed to disappear from my life entirely until I moved to the South and learned how a proper Southerner makes boiled iced tea for surviving sweltering Southern. Brewing sun tea always reminds me of my childhood and the big glass jugs that mom and grandma used to perch on the porch steps for a tall cool drink of sweet tea in the fridge. The addition of strawberry and lemon makes this recipe a real treat! I usually make sun tea with various forms of herbal tea.