Vegetables Fritters (Indonesian Bala-Bala). Bala Bala (Indonesian crispy vegetable fritters) is basically deep-fried vegetables in a crispy batter. The most common vegetables that are used to make Bala Bala are shredded carrot, shredded cabbage and bean sprout. However, you can use any kinds of vegetables that you like.
So today I made this vegetables fritters for myself since my hubby is not really fans of any deep fried food. One of my absolute favourite Indonesian fried snacks is bala-bala, made from a variety of mixed vegetables such as; bean sprouts, shredded cabbage and carrots, battered and deep fried in cooking oil. Crispy vegetable fritters or Bakwan is an Indonesian traditional food made from vegetables and wheat flour. You can have Vegetables Fritters (Indonesian Bala-Bala) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetables Fritters (Indonesian Bala-Bala)
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rice flour.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of chicken powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- Prepare 1-11/2 cups of shredded cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of shredded carrot.
- Prepare 1 stalk of green onion finely sliced.
The vegetables we often use for this snack is carrot and cabbage. Usually Indonesian make it vegan friendly, but it's also a common thing to add shrimps. Vegetables Fritters (Indonesian Bala-Bala) #indonesianfood #vegetarian #veganfriendly I was so craving with Indonesian deep fried snacks lately. So today I made this vegetables fritters for myself since my hubby is not really fans of any deep fried food.
Vegetables Fritters (Indonesian Bala-Bala) step by step
- In a large mixing bowl combined the flour and rice flour along with all seasoning, melted butter, and water. Mix throughly..
- Then add shredded cabbage, carrots, sliced green onions, and mix well. Set asides..
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan under medium heat. Once heated, using spoon place a spoonful of vegetables batter and drop it into the oil. Repeat for another 4-6 drops in one batch. Try to not over crowded the frying pan..
- Keep frying until the fritters are golden brown then take off from the heat and place it on the paper towels. If you prefers the fritters for more crispy then you can fry them a little bit longer. Continue frying until the whole batter finished..
- Serve the fritters with fresh Thai chilies or chilli sauce. (Since this time still in quarantine time I don’t have fresh chilli in my hand, so I used chopped frozen chilli) Enjoy and I hope you guys give it try!.
I choose vegetables fritters, because it's very easy to make and also less ingredien. Bakwan sayur is Indonesian deep fried vegetable fritters. Found nation wide, mostly sold by street food vendors, the most popular version uses a mix of cabbage, carrot, and mung bean sprouts. Some regions in Indonesia call this as bala-bala, though it is more widely known as bakwan sayur. This vegetables fritter or bakwan sayur, Indonesian food is rich of deep fried snacks, vegetables fritter is popular street snacks, This is one of the food item that is enjoyed as afternoon snacks,.