Dried fruit Christmas garland. Making dried fruit Christmas garland is an inexpensive, easy and fun way to be with your children that will definitely make happy and lasting memories with The next step is the construction of the garland itself. When you are set and ready to make your dried fruit Christmas garland, begin by choosing. Home Advice & Ideas Creating a dried fruit Christmas garland.
Making your own homemade Christmas decorations is a great family tradition, it's inexpensive and easy to do. It's all about garlands around our house when it comes to decorating for Christmas this year. It started with our homemade pom pom Christmas garland. You can cook Dried fruit Christmas garland using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dried fruit Christmas garland
- You need of Assorted citrus fruits, e.g lemons, Clementine, limes, oranges.
- It’s sticks of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Fir cones.
- It’s of Candy canes.
- It’s of Ribbon.
- Prepare of String.
That was so fun to create (and came out quite pretty if I do say so myself). This dried orange Christmas garland makes a lovely Christmas decoration. Click the arrows above for a step-by-step guide to drying oranges. When storing your dried orange Christmas garland for next year, it's best to store it in a paper bag in a dry place so that the fruit stays nice and dry.
Dried fruit Christmas garland instructions
- Slice some of the fruit around quarter of an inch thick, place on absorbent kitchen paper. Pre heat oven to 90 c / 190 f.
- Make 6 cuts to some of the whole fruit, towards the centre but not right through..
- Line baking sheets with parchment or greaseproof paper..
- Arrange fruit in single layers on tray..
- Place trays in oven for at least two hours, turn fruit occasionally. Allow to 'cook until fruit drys out, whole fruit will take longer..
- Remove from oven, allow to cool completely. Carefully make holes in centre of slices with a skewer..
- Thread onto string, alternating fruits,cones, candy canes, cinnamon sticks and ribbons..
- Hang in prefered location..
- I used some orange slices removed from my mulled wine and dried them, they smelled like mulled wine once dried, adding another dimension !.
On Christmas morning, our stockings hung heavy with oranges and walnuts and beeswax candles. We all did our best to look amused. A wide variety of christmas fruit garlands options are available to you, such as lighting solutions service, warranty(year), and occasion. Dried fruit garland is a simple yet pretty way to decorate your home for the holiday. I like to mix in some elements of handmade decor and I put together this dried fruit garland.