Hedgehog Christmas Cake. Cute hedgehog cake with fondant christmas hat and candy cane. Russian piping tips buttercream flower hedgehog cake. A celebration cake with a touch of woodland style, this chocolate cake is decorated with edible spikes, buttercream and chocolate details.
Christmas cake is an English tradition that began as plum porridge. A traditional English Christmas Cake is made with rich, moist currants, sultanas (golden raisins). Should a Christmas cake be dark and rich, or lighter and zestier? You can have Hedgehog Christmas Cake using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hedgehog Christmas Cake
- It’s 1 of Store-bought swiss roll cake.
- Prepare 200 ml of 35% fat heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Instant coffee.
- It’s 3 of Chocolate candies.
- Prepare 1 of Marzipan & sugar paste.
- It’s 2 of Almonds.
- You need 4 of Cookies.
And what of those continental contrivances panettone and stollen? Soft, moist, flavorful &delicious fruit cake made without egg. To make this eggless fruit cake, you can use any of your favorite dried fruits likes raisins, dried dates, figs, apricots. Japanese Christmas cakes are traditionally eaten on Christmas Eve in Japan.
Hedgehog Christmas Cake instructions
- Cut off 2/3 of the roll cake. Cut off 1cm from the remaining cake. Unroll the slice and cut a small hole in the center..
- Arrange the cake pieces as shown in the photo. You can use whipped heavy cream as glue..
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of both the cocoa powder and the instant coffee in hot water. Add sugar to the heavy cream and whip until soft peaks form..
- Divide the heavy cream in half and add the cocoa to one half and the coffee to the other until colored. Whip until firm peaks form..
- First coat the cake with the coffee cream. Use the cream to form a point for the nose area..
- Coat completely with coffee cream. Pile up a little bit extra cream on the top..
- Place the cocoa cream in a piping bag with a tip and pipe onto the top of the cake leaving no spaces, as shown in the photo..
- Pipe the cream so that it looks like this..
- Use the chocolate candies to make the eyes and nose. Use the cookies to make the legs. You could also use the coffee cream to make the legs..
- Stick the almonds into the head to make the ears. Mix red food coloring into the marzipan and use that, with the sugar paste, to make the hat..
- This is the hedgehog with no hat..
They are sponge cake, frosted with whipped cream and are often decorated with strawberry toppings or other seasonal fruits. This fun Christmas cake was inspired by the Hedgehog cake featured on Martha Washington's Christmas table at. Martha Washington's Christmas Tradition Lives on in our Christmas Hedgehog Cake – Adventure Moms DC. This Christmas cake is inspired by Martha Washington's Hedgehog cake. A wide variety of christmas hedgehog options are available to you, such as material, feature, and closure type.