Prawn Balado/Sambal Balado, Indonesian food recipe. Great recipe for Prawn Balado/Sambal Balado, Indonesian food recipe. This is indonesian food, Prawn can be change with squid,fish or other seafood, It can be made using hard boiled egg, eggplant, or shrimp. It is good to eat with warm rice.
Sambal oelek is made of red chili peppers, vinegar, and salt. Balado is a type of hot and spicy bumbu. The ingredients are quite similar to sambal hot chili paste. You can have Prawn Balado/Sambal Balado, Indonesian food recipe using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Prawn Balado/Sambal Balado, Indonesian food recipe
- Prepare 1 kg of medium prawn.
- Prepare 10 pcs of shallots.
- You need 5 pcs of garlic.
- It’s 3 of medium tomato.
- Prepare 20 pcs of hot chili for medium spice (optional).
- It’s 2 pcs of lime juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 pcs of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 pcs of lemon grass (optional).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
However, unlike sambal—which is often treated as a separate dipping condiment, balado chili sauce is usually mixed and stir fried together with its main ingredients and treated as a dish. On my last post, I post about Indonesian traditional sambal (chili sauce), Balado. Balado is best known chili sauce that the recipe is past down from generation to generation in Indonesia. And today I want to share with you one more Indonesian traditional dish which made with the balado sauce, called Prawn Balado.
Prawn Balado/Sambal Balado, Indonesian food recipe step by step
- Clean the shell of the prawn and leaving the tail intact..
- Blender the shallots, garlic, chili, tomato all together..
- Heat it up little bit oil on the pan and pour it the blended ingredients, add bay leaf, lemongrass, cook it 8-10 minutes to reduce the water and add the prawn, lime juice, salt and pepper..
- Prawn no need to cook any longer, 3 minutes with medium fire its enough..
- Also check it out my blog at, www.adyhalim.blogspot.com to see food healthy article, cooking tips, diet tips, food recipes, etc. or instagram ady.halim.
In Indonesia, most of the people loves to eat spicy food. Sambal balado is a delicious, vegan, red sambal sauce that you can use to add flavor to any Asian dish. Heck, I even eat it with eggs, spread it on sandwiches, and a lot of other stuff. If you've been to Indonesia and find yourself craving the red chili sauce you got at a food stall, I'm going to show you how to make sambal sauce at home. Sambal balado: Using an electric blender, grind the spice paste ingredients until fine, adding a little water to move the blades if necessary.