Get Ahead Christmas Gravy.
You can have Get Ahead Christmas Gravy using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Get Ahead Christmas Gravy
- You need 1/2 bunch of celery chopped.
- Prepare 5 of carrots chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped in wedges.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare Handful of parsley.
- You need 5 springs of Rosemary.
- It’s 20 of approximately chicken wings.
- It’s 300 ml of Madeira or white wine.
- Prepare 4 of star anise.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- You need 1-1 1/2 litres of boiling water.
- You need 2 of stock cubes (chicken).
- Prepare 2 of heaped tbsp of cranberry sauce.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Get Ahead Christmas Gravy step by step
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees. Chop your veggies and add to a heavy bottomed casserole pan..
- Take the onion add it to the pan too! Throw in the herbs and star anise..
- Push in the chicken wings around the veggies, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper and place in the oven..
- After half an hour give the wings a stir and put back in the oven for 40 minutes..
- Lift out of the oven and place the casserole pan on a medium hob browning and mashing the meat and juices together..
- Pour in the white wine or Madeira, let it bubble away..
- Once it has simmered down add the plain flour coating all the veggies and meat..
- Pour in the water so it’s well covering the mixture add 2 stock cubes..
- Add the cranberry and let it bubble away for 30 or so minutes. Throw in the salt and pepper too!.
- Take a large pan and sieve, ladle the mixture in to it push / mush the liquid and juices.
- Until there is no juice left in the mix. Bring the pan to the boil check the seasoning. Thats it done, ladle into containers and freeze!.